Not Too Happy Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my dear old grammar would be appalled at the language being used here.
shocked.png

And......the specific sin (other than the language) is this--with both loose/lose and your/you're: A malapropism (also called a malaprop or Dogberryism) is the use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound, resulting in a nonsensical, often humorous utterance. An example is the statement by baseball player Yogi Berra, "Texas has a lot of electrical votes", rather than "electoral votes".

Well, it's not exactly that, but it's a lot more fun to do malapropisms than either wrong words or cussing.
:D

Lost what???? I didn't know we were competing...I definitely won nicer Buck collection if its between, me, you and Vorpal. Nothing to lose here. Just wanted to say GFY, and enjoy your lame 188s. Last post....no need to contact me 300.....
What do you mean GFY? My 188's are just the beginning of my collection, much,much more. Things nobody else has. I do enjoy all my knives.

I think that was a nice try "GFY " is more vulgar than going for yummies. Oh yes even you VorpalRain can be mistaken "dear old grammar " is supposed to be Grandma. Everybody makes mistakes. I was pointing his out because he was being so vulgar. Trying to run me off. Sometimes it is the part of the US you live in. Many people say y'all but that is what they grew up with.

I see they all have their shirt kicking boots on! There goes that Auto correct again:D Preston

yep, with ya. would hope we all do that partipate and read here.

I say we have more friendly participation and less static. We are a specific group inside of another specific group that shares an interest in what, in my opinion, is the best knife company out there. We like simple knives made with beautiful natural materials and I like to think that's what most of us are....simple, hard working men with a special connection to nature. I've always felt a bond between the guys that post here because no matter what part of the country we're in or what we do for a living, we count on the same tools to make our lives work. Let's remember who we are and what we stand for and why we support this company....

I feel like I need to make my mark in this thread before it gets locked up....

So.... I like Buck knives too.

On topic... I'm in Steelhead's camp (as I'm sure others are as well). Just when the dust settles from the last controversy; here goes another one. It's really disappointing. My mother used to tell me if I didn't have anything nice to say; I shouldn't say anything at all. Why someone would come to this forum, the heart of the Buck loyalists, and start bashing is beyond me and all reason. I have to ask, what do you expect?

Here's a good example for everyone to read. (I did take a screen shot in the event it gets edited)
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/favorite-jag-110.1493817/

I ordered two of the Fourth of July limited edition 110s. One was picture perfect, the other basically had two blue spots with no wood grain only blue dye visible in two big circles. Not good looking at all. I posted the pictures on a Face Book Buck site and Sarah told me to email her. I did and she sent me a return postage label ( took over a week to get it), and then I sent it back to Buck. The label they sent was the slowest ever delivery I have ever seen. It took 9 days to get back to Buck. It then took several days for them to send out the replacement. It took eight days on that shipping method to get to me. I opened the new one, and the color was some what better but not as good as the perfect one I got with the first set, and there were scratches right on the front scale.....I own well over 200 Bucks and I have never returned one till now. I will not buy another Limited Edition from the factory again. I am sure if I had an issue with a reseller, I would have been treated better.....Sorry Buck, but this has me a bit mad. I have always posted good things about Buck, and while Sarah was very nice in her emails, it seems no one took the time to see that a loyal customer was taken care of on his first ever return......
Send it back or ask for a refund.

If people can just refrain from going ballistic every time someone reports getting a crappy knife from Buck there won't be any bashing.
Trying to intimidate people by ganging up on them and insulting them is 1. Juvenile and 2. Ineffective.
As we can see by this thread.

I was serious and got an infraction without even swearing? Plus why would you save that unless use it to start trouble in the future MT?

You don't get it Michael. You don't just say something. You take it to the top where it doesn't need to go. Knife wasn't a Dud. And you wouldn't know if it was or wasn't. You like to jump in with zero education. And yes. You have three logins. You look bad saying you don't and everyone knows you do.

WOW!!!! I have not been following this thread since the first page.... did I say WOW?
I did learn a new word... PEDANTIC.... oh yeah and MALAPROPISM

Last edited:
There hasn't been a meaningful discussion that has stayed on topic and not turned negative is several weeks. I think Buck should just pull the ripcord on this area of BF.

Think what you want Looper I have one MICHAEL5135, If you think otherwise Prove It. The DUD is still being worked on to get it right so you don't know everything. That is a Quote from Jeff Hubbard. I know you work for Buck on Commission you try to make it a pep rally. See your giving more junk away. They put that knife out regardless of the looks as people have said. Thats exactly why I stopped any buying of Buck knives until they get their Q.C. in order. I'm not missing much.

I have a feeling that Buck is concerned about the problem and taking steps to decrease the number of mistakes.
Why not give them some time now and lower the volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back