NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

Yes it is @Ace Rimmer! Check these two young men from Canada. They were in the booth last year (2016) at the same show. Notice both are wearing knives already.

wWqBpt3.jpg

Big brother with his new Horsewright knife he bought:

vAhpuxw.jpg

Little brother can swing the rope he bought from us too:

RGrZ0RJ.jpg

Another notable pair come to think of it.

Last edited:
Here is a pair of early GECs (2007) in green tea jigged bone, and stained green tea jigged bone. I don't remember them doing this any other time, when they used the exact same covers, but one slight darker than the other. Notice too, that the stained green tea covers have bronzed pins rather than the lighter brass of the standard green tea knife. Each of these knives have near perfect 6 pulls on both blades, along with buttery snap closed.

6kZuxzF.jpg

LZT8JBI.jpg

xgXfJwA.jpg

Here is a pair of early GECs (2007) in green tea jigged bone, and stained green tea jigged bone. I don't remember them doing this any other time, when they used the exact same covers, but one slight darker than the other. Notice too, that the stained green tea covers have bronzed pins rather than the lighter brass of the standard green tea knife. Each of these knives have near perfect 6 pulls on both blades, along with buttery snap closed.

A fantastic pair !

Thanks, hamsco, I'm fortunate to have them. This is the quality that made GEC.
I sure hope they don't stop making the stainless knives.

Thanks, hamsco, I'm fortunate to have them. This is the quality that made GEC.
I sure hope they don't stop making the stainless knives.

Me too !! I'm still not happy about dropping the squirrel etch, but i will live. GEC has not had a run of SS this year, and according to the production schedule they won't have any. So I don't think they have had any SS in 2017.

Me too !! I'm still not happy about dropping the squirrel etch, but i will live. GEC has not had a run of SS this year, and according to the production schedule they won't have any. So I don't think they have had any SS in 2017.

That's actually a very disturbing piece of info. We need to have a wake for GEC's stainless as it was The Notable Pair with their ubiquitous carbon 'CKC' Carbon has its virtues and appeal clearly, but edge holding and corrosion proofing are not amongst them...:rolleyes:

Yes it is @Ace Rimmer! Check these two young men from Canada. They were in the booth last year (2016) at the same show. Notice both are wearing knives already.

wWqBpt3.jpg

Big brother with his new Horsewright knife he bought:

vAhpuxw.jpg

Little brother can swing the rope he bought from us too:

RGrZ0RJ.jpg

Another notable pair come to think of it.
That is SO COOL, Dave! Thanks for sharing your sidekicks.
- Stuart

Nice pairs, Clay and Gary!:thumbsup:
Here's a new Zebrawood I picked up to go with the ASCB! Love it, when Queen got it right!
I'll try for better pics after work.
MfAWC63.jpg
I've been wondering where the zebra wood was Mark. It's hard to follow every thread sometimes. It looks real good. You're right about Queen nailing it with that one.

A big & little Case bonestag.
image.jpeg

C52A6F7F-CC3B-491A-B883-34122C0AB04C.jpeg
Clay, those are beautiful, please tell us more about them.
Thank you my friend.
These are examples of executive gift knives. These were very popular in the 1950’s-1970’s given as gifts to executives and clients of companies. There were lots made with company names on them, kinda like a high class advertising knife
These shown here were all made in Solingen Germany as were most you will find.
Case made a couple ( pattern 105) that I’ve been looking for for years...

They are all brass slab handles with enamel paint. The colored ( other then black) in excellent condition are rather rare. They were usually given with a small leather slip.

Back