• Clip - Long Pull | Sheepsfoot - Nail Nick

Votes: 140 43.5%
  • Clip - Nail Nick| Sheepsfoot - Long Pull

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Clip - Nail Nick | Sheepsfoot - Nail Nick

Votes: 23 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kiteman got me thinking.So I looked at the 300 series Bucks in my collection.
And some other brand stockmen that I have and yes I must admit Long pull on the main and
nail nick on the secondary is classic and traditional.It just plain looks right.Just my 2 cents

I voted 2x long pulls.
If I decide I don't like the long pull on the Sheepsfoot, I figure a little JB WELD will let me convert that long pull to a nick.
Not that I foresee needing or wanting to make the conversion. :)

Being from Missouri, I suppose I can compromise
I spent a few years in Stockton, MO.
I am convinced there are NO fish in Lake Stockton. (Allegedly one of the best fishing lakes in Missouri)
My mother and step father retired to Stockton. Over the 25 years I drove down to visit them, I never got so much as a nibble fishing that lake.
To keep this knife related, my step pop lost his Black Beauty bird and trout in the middle of the lake. He accidentally dropped it, and it went over the side of the boat.
He was not happy about that.

I dunno having 2 different styles of pull/nick on one knife just seems odd to me. 2x LP for the win!
It may seem odd, but it's far more common (traditional) than two long pulls.
george & echo 3_001.jpg
Standard Knife (after) 1.jpg

It is not looking good for my long-pull and nail-nick. Come on guys, we can pull it out! It is the classic option!

LP/LP won't break my heart, but it isn't as traditional in my mind.
I originally voted for pull/pull, imagining how the long pulls look on the old Camillus-made Bucks. Then I saw the pic that @supratentorial posted of a long pull cut by Case, and switched to pull/nick. I'm sure either way will be nice; I can't imagine this option being a deal breaker. (not like brass bolsters ;))

Yes, far more traditional for a pull and a nick- and I think for a reason, too!

Seems there is certainly potential for two long pulls to end up not looking the way some are imagining they will. Was it confirmed they would be on opposite sides, at least?

I originally voted for two longs as I thought with the blades on opposite ends they would be approximately the same size and we weren't looking at a small secondary where it would look weird. If someone confirms that the sheepsfoot will be a smaller blade and hence strange with a long pull I'd change my vote to long/nick.

The sheepsfoot will be the same size as what is on the 3 blade 301, so shorter than the clip point main.

Kiteman got me thinking.So I looked at the 300 series Bucks in my collection.
And some other brand stockmen that I have and yes I must admit Long pull on the main and
nail nick on the secondary is classic and traditional.It just plain looks right.Just my 2 cents

Classic and traditional are on the outs, never seen before and unique are all the rage now :rolleyes:o_O

Classic and traditional are on the outs, never seen before and unique are all the rage now :rolleyes:o_O
True. Whoever heard of a (factory) TWO blade 301?!
Since it's introduction the 301 has always been a 3 blade Stockman.

Back