Official Order Thread for the Koster Knives BushMaster Production Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late, Dan???

I want a budget O1 green micarta & a budget CPM3V natural micarta!

Not too late...I'm still accepting deposits..shoot me an email (for my records).

I will, of course, have to close it down eventually...but I'll probably leave it open over the weekend.

UPDATE:

The steel will be on its way to the WaterJet Guy on Wednesday next week.

:thumbup:

Dan

I already have a natural on reserve but really want to add couple more-being a lazy newbee what's CPM-3V? I can only assume I need it!-LOL

CPM 3V is a super-steel made by Crucible using the "Crucible Powder Metalurgy" method. They make the steel directly from powder vs. smelting an ingot the traditional way. Their claim is that this process results in a finer grain in the steel. And frankly, I believe them. :thumbup:

Which is why there's a difference between CPM-D2 and regular D2.

But anyway...3V is super tough (impact strength), has good wear resistance and with 7% chromium in the mix....has a mild resistance to rust. It doesn't really tarnish at all....but will pit if left in water.

Only one downside....expensive!!! :eek:

Dan

Hey Dan, sent you a pm and an email about the Bushmaster. If possible let me know
Thanks Chickenplucker

CPM 3V is a super-steel made by Crucible using the "Crucible Powder Metalurgy" method. They make the steel directly from powder vs. smelting an ingot the traditional way. Their claim is that this process results in a finer grain in the steel. And frankly, I believe them. :thumbup:

But anyway...3V is super tough (impact strength), has good wear resistance and with 7% chromium in the mix....has a mild resistance to rust. It doesn't really tarnish at all....but will pit if left in water.

Only one downside....expensive!!! :eek:

Dan

Thanks for the info.
Updated email/paypal sent.Thanks

Dan, is it too late to upgrade my bushmaster to 3v? Also, do I need to send the upgrade money now, or when the knife is finished?

Dan - I just sent you a paypal for another one. A budget in 3V Green Canvas. Add me to the list again.
Thanks,
Dave.

Daniel, please, could you change one of mine Black Micarta 3V to Natural Micarta?
Thank you.

Emanuele

Hey Dan, sent you a pm and an email about the Bushmaster. If possible let me know
Thanks Chickenplucker

Email reply sent. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info.
Updated email/paypal sent.Thanks

Got it - thanks!

Dan, is it too late to upgrade my bushmaster to 3v? Also, do I need to send the upgrade money now, or when the knife is finished?

Not too late - just shoot me an email with your info so I upgrade the right person.

Dan - I just sent you a paypal for another one. A budget in 3V Green Canvas. Add me to the list again.
Thanks,
Dave.

Got it - thanks!

Dan,

Looking forward to these. Go 3V!

Got your email and info - reply sent.

Daniel, please, could you change one of mine Black Micarta 3V to Natural Micarta?
Thank you.

Emanuele

Done.

Hey Dan
Hope you received me order for 2 Budget BushMasters and an Elite.
Regards
Mark

Sure did - and the elite as well.

Thanks!

I should have everything updated now...including deposits...if yours is not correct - let me know asap!

Dan

Got it - list updated - thanks!

Dan

If you don't get my MO today, I would think it should at least be there by tomorrow. It was sent as stated in the earlier post ............. :thumbup:

But anyway...3V is super tough (impact strength), has good wear resistance and with 7% chromium in the mix....has a mild resistance to rust. It doesn't really tarnish at all....but will pit if left in water.Dan

The CPM-D2 is not as tough as the 3V. I have a Charlie May knife in the CPM D2 and I love it but the steel is not as tough as the 3V by a long shot.

Yes - I agree.

But CPM D2 is tougher than ASI D2

(sorry if my post was misleading...that was what I meant)

Dan $45.00 PP sent as the balance of my deposit. The other 30.00 was in the form of a deposit on a Nessie kit.Chickenplucker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back