Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

Daniel Koster said:
Anybody who's got the $$ is welcome on this list...:D

I'll add your name to the list.

Bill - it was worth a try, but that's ok.

Dan,
Thanks. I'll have a money order to UB ASAP.
As far as "handle choice". Any type of wood is fine. I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Mark T.

Uncle hasn't given me the go-ahead yet on the Store prepay option. If/when he does, I'll add the link. I'll ask again.

johntrout - thanks for letting me know. I'll update the list.

Daniel,
I am new to blade tools/ weapons could you explain what parts of the Khukiri are the following;

1 - standard bolster
2 - steel fittings
3 - no cho creep
4 - rounded chape
5 -
6 - convex edge
7 -
8 -
9 - chiruwa tang

I allow was wondering if the aspect of having the carvers do the handles means that the handles will be carved and inlay ?

Will the inlay pattern be the same as on the original ?

Will the metal finish be brass or silver finish ?

Do I send a check to Uncle and email you ?

What blade markings can be expected on the new YCS ?

What is the cut-off date for ordering ?

I would appreciate any information you can provide to clarify the new YCS and answers to my questions.

Thank You !
Sharks_Edge
Karl B.

In regards to you question about blade markings I have asked a few times if we could ask for...

NO INITIALS

anyone besides me interested?

I also asked if we could have a uniform tang thickness on handle to make things more symetrical...

I also asked about shortened standard tang depth

Dan or UB do you have any comments about the feasibility of any of these?

Anyone else's 2 cents?

The order has already been sent. If we make more requests, it causes confusion. I know that sounds silly, but it's true.

1 - standard bolster - not a habaki bolster - shorter
2 - steel fittings - vs. brass or white metal
3 - no cho creep - the cho should be closer to the bolster
4 - rounded chape - the pointy end of the scabbard will be rounded
5 -
6 - convex edge - the cross section of the blade will be more thicker (vs. a hollow-ground or flat-ground blade)
7 -
8 -
9 - chiruwa tang - "full tang"

I allow was wondering if the aspect of having the carvers do the handles means that the handles will be carved and inlay ?

Just means that the inlay will be done right and the quality better.

Will the inlay pattern be the same as on the original ? Yes

Will the metal finish be brass or silver finish ? See #2 - steel fittings. better than brass or silver because it won't tarnish.

Do I send a check to Uncle and email you ? That is correct.

What blade markings can be expected on the new YCS ? We've asked for Sher to do it. His marks and the "H.I." logo as well as the sword of shiva will be on the blade.

What is the cut-off date for ordering ? Uncle's leaving out of town this week and will check back on this on Friday. So, I'd say the best bet is to have your prepayment in before then. Those that paid get first-dibs, of course.

I would appreciate any information you can provide to clarify the new YCS and answers to my questions.

Thank You !
Sharks_Edge

You are welcome. Those were easy answers....just don't ask "When will they be done?" :rolleyes:

So what's the time frame on these puppies, Dan??? Should we expect them by the end of next week? I mean, Sher should be able to do 2 or 3 a day i would think. Maybe sooner? I'll e-mail you daily for an update;)

Just messing with ya;) Thanks again for handling this. This is going to be an awesome special order:) I'm sure these will be well worth the wait.

~Jake

Jake?

you funny man. :D

(Be careful, or someday a band of khukuri-wielding neer-do-wells will invade the mountains of Indiana and ferret you out of the cliff's edge cave you dwell in. :p )

Kis

Dan - Paypal sent

Even SWMBO loves this one! :)

Of course, I was going to get it anyway! :D

Maybe I missed it but is Sandalwood a real option? That would be sweet!

Full Tang? That will be awesome!

Sher! You know the tempering is gonna be good!

Paypal done!

Nasty & hollow - updated.

Everybody else make sure the list is correct - showing you as paid-in-full if you have sent payment.

I told Bill we'd knock his socks off with a huge prepayment. He wasn't quite so sure....but you guys sure proved me right...!!!

I don't know if sandalwood is a real option, but if one comes in, I have at least put in first dibs!

The thing I like about sher is while his blades are thick the handles seem nice, not too fat. Makes them easier to use for me. Amtrak would have been the second choice as far as tempering for me.

Yes, if Bill tells me Sher is unavailable, Amtrak is next in line.

Nasty - you have the front row seat on the 50-yard line....problem is...it's basketball season....:eek: :( :p

:D

:footinmou

Back