Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

I'm really glad to see the YCS resurrected even if it is only a special run. I'm sure hoping that everything turns out alright but I don't know about the chiruwa handles.:rolleyes: :p ;)
If I wasn't flat broke I would even order one, chiruwa or not!:D

However about the only khuk that would make me give into the HIKV. flat broke or not, and prepay would be a 17" to 18" Foxy Folly. Hell I wouldn't even bitch about the small so-called habaki bolster on them.:rolleyes: :footinmou :D

It is the pampered one in my meagre HI collection, Alan! GLad I could get it at all. The kardas are nice and hard!

Keith

there is no way i can prepay right now.
If I can get one though, i will be very happy.
I hope the forum can save one for me.

Dan,

I mailed a money order today. I'm going to send it overnight or as quickly as I can so it will get there by Friday. I agree with nasty & hollowdweller. Sandalwood WOULD be nice! :D

Mark T.

Danny, my dream is that if this run gets done right, the YCS will be back in the regular lineup...

List updated.

mPisi - I'm with you on this one. I think a good run of 20+ items is going to make them rethink the quality. Especially since UB is giving it a special touch.

What effect will the YCS run have on the "special" items the kamis are supposed to be making? I'm actually saving my YCS money in anticipation of a unique item from the kamis.

They've already started the "turn the kamis loose" project. It's probably already in shipment....who knows. This is still a few weeks down the road until it'll be finished and ready to ship.

wldmn13 said:
What effect will the YCS run have on the "special" items the kamis are supposed to be making? I'm actually saving my YCS money in anticipation of a unique item from the kamis.

That was my intention too wldma13 but I just couldn't hold out :D .
I hope your stonger then me LOL. That HIKV YCS bug grabbed me and Oh MY!!!! :rolleyes:

Mark T.

Very excited about this. I have been wanting one of these and seeing them at Khonvention only made it worse :eek:

Reading Bill's note to the manufacturer I take it that the plan is to use some exotic woods and woods that are most likely well cured and less prone to shrinkage? If so that's awesome. :cool:

If everything doesn't go to plan or I don't end up with a Krazy Kami Free for all deal I'd like to grab a blem.

I highly doubt there will be a blem YCS. If for some crazy reaosn one came in, UB might be tempted to send it back or toss it under the bed. If they all came back as blems, we'd all get a discount....or maybe I could swing a deal where he sent them all to me first for "conditioning"....:D

The hardwoods UB sent are all shrinkage-resistant woods. He sent me a list a while ago, but I lost it in the move. I remember when I saw them, that they were all woods I would have no problem using in an "unstabilized" state. That is, they are plenty stable themselves - it was a good selection.

The antler, I don't know anything about. I think UB ordered 2 in antler as well (for those that just had-to-have a horny YCS). :p

Ok, Johntrout's pic did me in. To heck with bills and rent! Check mailed to Uncle Bill, Dan. Paid in full.:)

~Jake

Back