Old Friends Friday

This old friend was with me two weeks ago today when I fell through the roof the knife is pictured on, and dislocated my shoulder in the process of catching myself. It’s still riding along, thankfully it didn’t fly out of my pocket while I was hanging in the balance! Maybe it’s a lucky charm!

72708FD1-E7ED-4C2A-B5A8-EA2C424BDEA5.jpeg

They made a special run of 44OT's in the year 2001, I know that doesn't match up with your timeline but here is what I have on the 44OT made from 1990 to 1993 and then the special run of 4000 44OT's in 2001...
View attachment 1454276
Thanks for the facts.
My memory is impressionistic these days. I was also going to the Medieval Congresses in the early 2000s. I feel young in this memory, but I would have been almost 20 years younger in 2001. That counts.

Thanks for the facts.
My memory is impressionistic these days. I was also going to the Medieval Congresses in the early 2000s. I feel young in this memory, but I would have been almost 20 years younger in 2001. That counts.
I think the knife fairy swapped out your 1990 model for the 2001 model ;):D

This old friend was with me two weeks ago today when I fell through the roof the knife is pictured on, and dislocated my shoulder in the process of catching myself. It’s still riding along, thankfully it didn’t fly out of my pocket while I was hanging in the balance! Maybe it’s a lucky charm!

View attachment 1454474
Shapleigh hey? Looks like some nice Schrade peachseed to me ;) Hope your shoulder heals up Paul!

A bit late to today's festivities but here's a photogenic old friend that's been ignored for too long.
YkkKXBa.jpg

BTW, great posts today guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Last edited:
A bit late to today's festivities but here's a photogenic old friend that's been ignored for too long.
YkkKXBa.jpg

BTW, great posts today guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Have a wonderful weekend. :)

A beauty for sure, and a wonderful photograph :) I'll second you in that my friend, great posts, and a fantastic weekend to all :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1454474
Paul, didn’t you hear you’re not supposed to do that!!!??? Hope you’re on the mend:thumbsup:

View attachment 1454474
Sorry to hear Paul !! May you heal to wholeness !!!!!

Lord knows where or when I got this little Tree Brand Solingen. I found it while looking for something else.
2zRbRIm.jpg

I love it when that happens! :) :thumbsup:

It's new to me, but it was obviously somebody's Old Friend.

I was admiring that one in the EDC thread John, nice find :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Here’s where it all started 43 years ago. I worked on a farm, saved up some money, and bought this one. Put a lot of miles on it, and cut just about anything that could be cut with it, including me!

View attachment 1458787

Wow! Fantastic you still have that special knife :) :thumbsup:

That's good going :) :thumbsup:

That's a wee beauty :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying two Old Friends today, my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO in 'Super-Duper' buffalo horn, and one of my very first GECs, a #66 Serpentine Jack in Valley Green jigged bone :) :thumbsup:

PvMSBcW.jpg

pwITUuP.jpg

That's a wee beauty :) :thumbsup:

I'm carrying two Old Friends today, my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO in 'Super-Duper' buffalo horn, and one of my very first GECs, a #66 Serpentine Jack in Valley Green jigged bone :) :thumbsup:

PvMSBcW.jpg

pwITUuP.jpg
Thanks Jack. I hunted for that one for some time. :)
Your post today... WOW!!!
The horn, the scenery, the vintage looking 66, all so attractive, simply gorgeous !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Thanks Jack. I hunted for that one for some time. :)
Your post today... WOW!!!
The horn, the scenery, the vintage looking 66, all so attractive, simply gorgeous !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

I'm glad you caught it in the end :) Sincere thanks for the kind words :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend too :thumbsup:

Back