Old Friends Friday

My old SI with its new bail. Not just like the original but better than nothing.
KVorS0E.jpg

Very handsome :) :thumbsup:

A Western medium stockman I came across while looking for a Boker. I'd forgotten I had it, never mind how nice it is.
vg5eKLy.jpg

It's always nice when you find out a great old knife you'd forgotten about :) :thumbsup:

Carrying two Old Friends today, a favourite Forum Knife I should really carry more often, and an old Unity Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

csio7Ux.jpg

RSPPktV.jpg

Edit - Epic DOH!!!! :confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I was wondering when you were going to realize...
You had me questioning my own grasp on time and reality for a second there!

I was wondering when you were going to realize...
You had me questioning my own grasp on time and reality for a second there!

Sorry Tom! :rolleyes: I realised just after I posted, but only because I glanced out of the window and noticed that our refuse had been collected, which happens on Thursdays :rolleyes: With us being in and out of lockdown here this past year, the days have become pretty meaningless, apart from things like that! :confused: I hope it's my last 'Senior Moment' of the day! :D

Sorry Tom! :rolleyes: I realised just after I posted, but only because I glanced out of the window and noticed that our refuse had been collected, which happens on Thursdays :rolleyes: With us being in and out of lockdown here this past year, the days have become pretty meaningless, apart from things like that! :confused: I hope it's my last 'Senior Moment' of the day! :D
Haha! To further complicate things, our trash collection here was delayed a day this week due to a Monday holiday, so my trash cans (rubbish bins for those of you across the pond), are still sitting out front - making me think for a second it was Wednesday.

Haha! To further complicate things, our trash collection here was delayed a day this week due to a Monday holiday, so my trash cans (rubbish bins for those of you across the pond), are still sitting out front - making me think for a second it was Wednesday.

Those 3-day weekends throw me completely! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Works well for me Jack. Yesterday I got out two old friends and began thinking which one might I post for Old Friends Fridays. I still have this in my pocket today so here it is and I already have tomorrow's selected. Besides with Old Friends like the two you posted today, I'd be anxious to show 'em off too! Nice pair my friend! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TY415Na.jpg

sparerow

Works well for me Jack. Yesterday I got out two old friends and began thinking which one might I post for Old Friends Fridays. I still have this in my pocket today so here it is and I already have tomorrow's selected. Besides with Old Friends like the two you posted today, I'd be anxious to show 'em off too! Nice pair my friend! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TY415Na.jpg

sparerow

Thanks for your kind words my friend, and even more so, your understanding! :D :) That's a great-looking Old Friend, and a fine photo too :) :thumbsup:

Fellas, truth is...
I wish everyday was "Old Friends Friday"

Well, at least tomorrow is! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Heck, it's Friday somewhere.
I've been thinking about these recently, and will probably open a small thread to hold forth upon lamentable modern trends in them once my next one arrives, but this is my first, and is a very old friend, considering I bought it many years after I first saw it.
vC9g7zH.jpg

I got it for $30 from the widow of the guy who had wanted over $100 for it. She was clearing out his booth at the mall.

Heck, it's Friday somewhere.
I've been thinking about these recently, and will probably open a small thread to hold forth upon lamentable modern trends in them once my next one arrives, but this is my first, and is a very old friend, considering I bought it many years after I first saw it.
vC9g7zH.jpg

I got it for $30 from the widow of the guy who had wanted over $100 for it. She was clearing out his booth at the mall.

LOL! True! :D Sounds like that'd be an interesting thread Jer :) I've been looking at one in a mall for several years now, it's older, with a carbon blade. The seller doesn't know what it is, but has it overpriced anyway o_O It's an expensive antiques mall, where the rent for cabinets is extortionate, so I don't know why you'd take up your limited cabinet space with a knife that isn't selling, year after year, without dropping the price :confused: I'd like to leave an offer, but the owners of the mall don't allow that o_O

LOL! True! :D Sounds like that'd be an interesting thread Jer :) I've been looking at one in a mall for several years now, it's older, with a carbon blade. The seller doesn't know what it is, but has it overpriced anyway o_O It's an expensive antiques mall, where the rent for cabinets is extortionate, so I don't know why you'd take up your limited cabinet space with a knife that isn't selling, year after year, without dropping the price :confused: I'd like to leave an offer, but the owners of the mall don't allow that o_O
Maddening. They probably wouldn't want to help you contact him at all, then.

I think maybe these rather standard metal handles and sheathes were already standard when the blades were carbon, and most of the carbon blades have been replaced. Just a guess, so it must be true.
I have only one that doesn't say inox on it, aside from old Sweet Tooth with the wooden handles and leather sheath.
eNbQlPI.jpg

Maddening. They probably wouldn't want to help you contact him at all, then.

I think maybe these rather standard metal handles and sheathes were already standard when the blades were carbon, and most of the carbon blades have been replaced. Just a guess, so it must be true.
I have only one that doesn't say inox on it, aside from old Sweet Tooth with the wooden handles and leather sheath.
eNbQlPI.jpg

Yes, I asked if I could leave an offer for the seller, but they flatly refused, I think they're terrified that they're going to lose their percentage or something o_O

You have a nice collection Jer :) :thumbsup:

Yes, I asked if I could leave an offer for the seller, but they flatly refused, I think they're terrified that they're going to lose their percentage or something o_O

You have a nice collection Jer :) :thumbsup:
Thanks. I do like these things; I'm not sure why. Well, because they're a practical knife in a flashy package maybe.

It is mysterious how it would hurt that mall's interests to pass on an offer.

Thanks. I do like these things; I'm not sure why. Well, because they're a practical knife in a flashy package maybe.

Yes, me too :)

They're very haughty and snobbish at that particular place, but since they will have been closed for most of the past year, if not all of it, perhaps, if they're still in business when the lockdown here eventually ends, they'll be a little more humble. Or at least have the good sense to realise that 20% of £75 buys more bread and cheese than 20% of nothing o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks for showing them, I like gaucho type knives. Are your examples workable? Even if they are stainless? I also thought the Criollo knife from the Canary Islands had a similar shape, different handle style and not as fancy. Any more gaucho knives to show? Or history on them?

Back