"Old Knives"

Those are all real nice veitsi_poika veitsi_poika , but that DE barlow is sweet!

All very Nice Kev, That's a Nice ol' Catt, and I really like the Camillus Built Ward!

Like our good friend Glenn, I too like the Barlow, a real nice example!

v_p
the Catt & Cami are just awesomeness !
Enjoy the new batch o’ blades...
They’re ALL dandies man.
Thanks guys! Don't make me pick a favorite ;) Although the Catt is different than any other knife I own and I love their groovy bone :thumbsup:

That Utica Stockman has real appeal. Love the grooves in the stag, how old would you say it is. Likewise the sweet Barlow, they're both in great nick despite the age!

That Utica Stockman has real appeal. Love the grooves in the stag, how old would you say it is. Likewise the sweet Barlow, they're both in great nick despite the age!
Thanks EiD :) I'm assuming the "R" is borrowed from the German "Rostfrei" or stainless so that is late 20's. It is the old arched Utica stamp which was used up to around 1937. It has no brass which would indicate early WWII unless they chose not to use brass with their stainless blades? So I would say late 20's to early 40's. Either way likely one their last models with fancy looking stag ;)

Early example of stainless used for knife blades. Walden Knife Co closed sometime around 1923-1926. I figure this knife was made sometime in the 1920s when stainless was just starting to be used.
vR0THPg.jpg

8bUHO1x.jpg

Beautiful Walden jack, pistonsandgears pistonsandgears !:thumbsup::thumbsup: I have found a newspaper article, from the Walden Citizen Herald and the Ithaca Journal, announcing the shut down of the Walden Knife factory on April 30, 1927.
the Walden Citizen Herald article is dated Apr 14, 1927 and the Ithaca Journal article is dated Apr 16, 1927

just edited: originally had the article dates as Aug, corrected them to Apr.

Page 1 of Citizen Herald,published in Walden, New York on Thursday, April 14th, 1927.jpg The_Ithaca_Journal_Sat__Apr_16__1927_.jpg

Last edited:
Early example of stainless used for knife blades. Walden Knife Co closed sometime around 1923-1926. I figure this knife was made sometime in the 1920s when stainless was just starting to be used.
vR0THPg.jpg

8bUHO1x.jpg
Pretty cool knife! In great shape too. Other than blade metallurgy it looks like a close cousin to this Crucible I picked up not too long ago.

vR0THPg.jpg

8bUHO1x.jpg

Interesting knife and nice bone. Looks like a Winchester shield. Funny that Winchester is mentioned in the article danno50 danno50 posted. I would assume the pen is Stainless too? although it looks to have some staining??

Back