"Old Knives"

Thanks Dwight:thumbsup: that's a beautiful Miller bros:thumbsup: I had my eye on one with peach seed bone and let it slip away
Thank you Rob.

Stamping of: STA- SHARP ( over ) S.R & Co
Incredible stag on that one Duncan. Congrats.

Dwight, what a beauty of a Miller Bros’ !
Those scales and hues are just grand
Thank you :).

It was well worth the wait Duncan! Stunning knife. Very cool MB, Fodderwing. Both are treasures.
Thank you Mike.

I have been waiting for this one to arrive, I was very pleased to come across this one, I was so kindly gifted a well loved version of this knife that was worn away to almost nothing- and yet still an incredible piece.

I understand that a lot of my Knife friends may think this isn't too much to be excited over, but.... for me this Knife hasn't been an easy one to come across, and is the very best yet I myself have managed to obtain, and is an important part of my sears range of Knives.
The Sears range of Knives was immense as we know, but for me to find an example like this has been hard, it has the earlier Sears Brand name Stamping of: STA- SHARP ( over ) S.R & Co.

The Stag is perfectly Hafted, so very thin to the Liners- and wonderful examples of Stag at that, the Knife has been used, but still in nice condition.
The Doglegs Frame is very nicely finished with coined Liners and the Center Liner has extra treatment.

The Main Blade is Sabre Ground on the Mark side, and Flat Ground Pile side, the Pen Blade is a Wharncliffe Shape with a nice Curve. Definitely a very nice example of early Camillus's work specifically made for Sears Roebuck.

9GsUNIx.jpg

cSlKAuN.jpg

jyzoJ7Z.jpg

hvcyVQy.jpg

gvJ0UkG.jpg

Here is my other example - as worn as this Knife is- I think this Knife still commands respect! you can see why once I had this that if I were lucky enough to come across a decent example I would have to pounce....

ZoZIEaR.jpg

JTm1Xbh.jpg

1yobM1a.jpg
Beautiful Stag Jack, Duncan! Very special!!:thumbsup:

I have been waiting for this one to arrive, I was very pleased to come across this one, I was so kindly gifted a well loved version of this knife that was worn away to almost nothing- and yet still an incredible piece.

I understand that a lot of my Knife friends may think this isn't too much to be excited over, but.... for me this Knife hasn't been an easy one to come across, and is the very best yet I myself have managed to obtain, and is an important part of my sears range of Knives.
The Sears range of Knives was immense as we know, but for me to find an example like this has been hard, it has the earlier Sears Brand name Stamping of: STA- SHARP ( over ) S.R & Co.

The Stag is perfectly Hafted, so very thin to the Liners- and wonderful examples of Stag at that, the Knife has been used, but still in nice condition.
The Doglegs Frame is very nicely finished with coined Liners and the Center Liner has extra treatment.

The Main Blade is Sabre Ground on the Mark side, and Flat Ground Pile side, the Pen Blade is a Wharncliffe Shape with a nice Curve. Definitely a very nice example of early Camillus's work specifically made for Sears Roebuck.

9GsUNIx.jpg

cSlKAuN.jpg

jyzoJ7Z.jpg

hvcyVQy.jpg

gvJ0UkG.jpg

Here is my other example - as worn as this Knife is- I think this Knife still commands respect! you can see why once I had this that if I were lucky enough to come across a decent example I would have to pounce....

ZoZIEaR.jpg

JTm1Xbh.jpg

1yobM1a.jpg

Very nice, love the old stag

I picked up a pretty decent shapleigh, made by schrade cut. It’s the same pattern as the SO8814NP that’s in the cut co catalogs. Very attractive knife with the slant bolsters and DE branding. Waterfall cell handles. It has an etch but is hard to see even in person.

49EB020A-2BD2-4879-8945-77289802B140.jpeg B7009E58-B623-4098-AF17-068F77983984.jpeg

Woodside lumber co must have liked the schrades cause they still used them for advertising in the 1950’s when this keen kutter branded schrade walden 881 was made, also with waterfall cell.

930ADD08-FF43-40BA-B698-D2FAFE768808.jpeg

TheChunk91 TheChunk91
Both beautiful examples, and I really like those slanted boosters!!
I’m also noticing that the waterfall cell holds up quite well over time. It seems better than most other cell types. Enjoy :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great knives posted guys! I would be thrilled to own any of them:D:D

Here are three stockman folders all Schrade made. Two square ends and
one round end. Not high condition knives but I am pleased to have them:)!
7A145BA3-1AFD-4863-8015-DDD7F21C6858.jpeg 7F33EA65-CD1A-4854-B69C-EAF4DDB6736D.jpeg E52539AB-7500-4BC0-B876-F56AC1942DE9.jpeg B535003A-FE91-4935-A535-AD81345C467E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice Stockmen, Lloyd!! Beautiful Examples!!:cool:

On a smaller note, here are two gents knives for different "classes" of gent!!
Typical of their time, they are well made, and both snap as well as a new knife.
The difference is, simple ebony handles vs. Nice Pearl!! The cost was probably notable, the pearl having more bling, or luxury!
A working man's knife vs. the knife for the man who employs him! Both are equal, functionally, they just differ in appearance.:pPen Ulster comp 1.jpg Pen Ulster comp 2.jpg

Well I was wondering if I should post these pics in the "Sunday Stockman" thread or this grand "Old Knives" thread... considering we are on a stockman roll with Paul and Lloyd's posts, I opted for here :D:thumbsup: I'll have to post this one next Sunday in the Stockman and find something else to put there today ;) I really love these "StreamLine" engraved blades, I think they are really classy looking with the vintage swedge and long groove pull. I have another one just like this one that I was going to have glennbad glennbad re-handle for me since it must have had celluloid handles that gassed. :confused: But I left it at the office and since COVID I have been working from home. I'm thinking some nice jigged bone would look like nice on it, I think he mentioned amber bone.

CAMSTOCK1.JPG CAMSTOCK1A.JPG CAMSTOCK1B.JPG CAMSTOCK1C.JPG CAMSTOCK1D.JPG CAMSTOCK1E.JPG

Lloyd, it would be difficult to pick a favorite :thumbsup:
Great knives posted guys! I would be thrilled to own any of them:D:D

Here are three stockman folders all Schrade made. Two square ends and
one round end. Not great condition knives but I am pleased to have them:)!
View attachment 1544340 View attachment 1544337 View attachment 1544338 View attachment 1544339

I'm with you, Gus :thumbsup:
Luger1952 Luger1952
That KON-KAV.... gimmin’ me chills :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for the wonderful share:)

Nice gents Charlie :thumbsup: I've certainly aquired a passion myself:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice Stockmen, Lloyd!! Beautiful Examples!!:cool:

On a smaller note, here are two gents knives for different "classes" of gent!!
Typical of their time, they are well made, and both snap as well as a new knife.
The difference is, simple ebony handles vs. Nice Pearl!! The cost was probably notable, the pearl having more bling, or luxury!
A working man's knife vs. the knife for the man who employs him! Both are equal, functionally, they just differ in appearance.:pView attachment 1544458 View attachment 1544459

Love the Streamlines, Kevin!
Well I was wondering if I should post these pics in the "Sunday Stockman" thread or this grand "Old Knives" thread... considering we are on a stockman roll with Paul and Lloyd's posts, I opted for here :D:thumbsup: I'll have to post this one next Sunday in the Stockman and find something else to put there today ;) I really love these "StreamLine" engraved blades, I think they are really classy looking with the vintage swedge and long groove pull. I have another one just like this one that I was going to have glennbad glennbad re-handle for me since it must have had celluloid handles that gassed. :confused: But I left it at the office and since COVID I have been working from home. I'm thinking some nice jigged bone would look like nice on it, I think he mentioned amber bone.

View attachment 1544452 View attachment 1544453 View attachment 1544454 View attachment 1544455 View attachment 1544456 View attachment 1544457

Back