"Old Knives"

I’m loving this Thread- thank you Mike for this - and Eisman thank you for this offer to Host this Gathering, but this does need to be done at Mike’s place- just so when we explain to Mike the detrimental use of Batoning, then have this Knife fiend feel what his poor knives are feeling - we then need to move quickly into part B of this meeting and basically ransack Mike’s House - leave him no knives to ever abuse again.
We’ll divy up the stash down at the pub later. :D :thumbsup:
Jeff disappoints us all with siding with Mike. :(
Next meeting at Jeff’s.

I have long considered Jeff to be one of the most astute and wise members of the Porch. This only affirms it.

Duncan, feel free to saddle up and ride to Western Colorado, but be aware that this house is protected by a Rhodesian Ridgeback that literally cut her teeth on Rem bone when she was a mere pup. (The knife in this picture had failed the spine whack test.) Ridgebacks were bred in Africa to tree lions in packs and as guard dogs. Can you say "New Zealand jerky?"

BlR5rxj.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly don't feel you can really consider yourself a "knife user" unless you've broken a tip or two, but . . . .
that does NOT excuse the shoddy heat treatment that allows it to happen! Testing must continue until the miscreants are flushed out!

lol...Both Jeff and Mike, you filthy non Traditionalists both need to wash your Mouths out with Soap!

I guess Both Jeff and yourself did a Heat treat test on this poor wee Catt, I can see it now- almost a bit like a Serial Killer dungeon - Mike, Jeff huddled over the Paint Tin laughing out loud as anther sickening "Ping" fills the Air...

Is this Both yours and Jeffs sickening work???

48X8ysB.jpg

Mike, That beautiful Girl that she is will not be a Problem, I will bring this Devilish Handsome Smooth Talker to strut his stuff- your Girl will have no resistance, shes out the House while my Boy is taking advantage of your Girl, meanwhile - we are in!!!
EZi1Pq3.jpg

I have long considered Jeff to be one of the most astute and wise members of the Porch. This only affirms it.

Duncan, feel free to saddle up and ride to Western Colorado, but be aware that this house is protected by a Rhodesian Ridgeback that literally cut her teeth on Rem bone when she was a mere pup. (The knife in this picture had failed the spine whack test.) Ridgebacks were bred in Africa to tree lions in packs and as guard dogs. Can you say "New Zealand jerky?"

BlR5rxj.jpg
Nice Pup, Mike!! Is that a certain Remington Bullet we both know well??:eek:
:D

Xena is spayed, so I'm not sure that plan will work, Duncan, but if you bring a squeaky toy and a couple of marrow bones she will be your friend for life.

In the meantime, I’m going to hitch up a leg of New Zealand lamb to the fastest mule so Xena can train for your anticipated arrival.

Yes, Charlie, that is the Remington that you and I know so well. Disappointing that it could not stand up to the spine whack test, but evidently yummy bone!

That's a great VF Duncan, and I agree with Jeff about modern companies using pick bone. I'm going to email Bill Howard about doing a special run of 86 barlows with pick bone just for those of us that post in the old knives thread, but don't tell anyone! :D

Last edited:
Au contraire, Rob. Colorado is the state of enlightenment.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite." Or to quote Jim Morrison, who based the name of his band on the above quote, "Break on through to the other side."

Baton on, people. The road to enlightenment is littered with busted up vintage knives...

Really nice knives, Luger!

Knife content:
RR84czg.jpg

Last edited:
Back