"Old Knives"

Here's one I can't seem to find any info on, even from BRL:

"Amsterdam" tang stamp (Dutch?) Military Knife:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It appears to be a similar to a British WWII knife. The bottle opener first appeared on the can opener attachment in 1945. These were made after the War aswell. Your knife does not have the integral screwdriver at the end.

11-04031.jpg

Thanks, S-K. It'd be nice to know more about it but info is scarce. The friend that sent it to me (a flea market find) is from The Netherlands so "Amsterdam" seemed to imply Dutch manufacture or service. Then again, who knows?

Now this one,is mine.
Here's a few things I do know about it
I knew,when I bid on it on the "Bay" it was not a fake,and,
despite it's condition,I can't believe the firm perfect snap on the main blade,and no blade wobble

DSCF3820.jpg

DSCF3821.jpg

DSCF3818.jpg

DSCF3816.jpg

Paperwork with that,too.Really impressive Charlie,wow! So witch wood is it,the Cocoa or Ebony ?

Charlie,let's say,as long as the knife is older than the person posting it,that's old enough,OK?

Charlie,let's say,as long as the knife is older than the person posting it,that's old enough,OK?

So the ones I show will have to be at least pre-1969 from now on. :D ;)

Have you checked with the AARP Legal Staff about this rule? :p

popsy it's un - official,bona fide,but un-official

The LaBelle's ebony Vince! I like your "older than the poster" rule, but it does make it tough on us ancient ones:eek:! The LaBelle barely makes it;)
Now let's see how old you guys really are!!!:D

No way,I knew,when I bid on it on the "Bay" it was a fake

Vince what about the knife is fake? It has me fooled.

So this one is older than I am by at least one year (probably more), as they changed stampings ca.1943 from Schrade Cut Co. like this one, to Schrade Walden.
SchradeBudPrune.jpg

Well ok, as long as it is "jigged bona fide". ;)

It's great to see all these old knives and to learn more about them.

Yeah it was good that Elliott made the thread a sticky,if everyone shows thier old knives in here it will become quite a collection of images

Here is a little equal end / swedge action

11-12-2007_052123PM.jpg

Couple of hawkbills I guess these are called

11-11-2007_102210PM.jpg

I like those old hawkbill prunning knives. This Harrison Bros and Howson is definitely older than me. Waynorth I have an English version of your Schrade budding/prunning knife. Will post it this evening.

18-06045.jpg

No way,I knew,when I bid on it on the "Bay" it was a fake

Vince what about the knife is fake? It has me fooled.

Thanks for catching that,I meant to type,not a fake.s-k,that Harrison is in good shape !
-Vince

Edited in - Feel free to post images of your "Old Knives",even if you do not know the age,the resident "sharpies" can help with that,& it'll add to the fun,Thanks,
-Vince

Ford , pre 1969 is better than pre 1963. Larry

Larry, lol young man. I was actually implying the old "I'm still 39" rule. Pre-1950 would be more factual for yours truly. :)

I think I only have one knife that is pre-1950. It's been shown in this forum before, but I'll bring it in to this thread as it will be more at home here.

Grand Dad's Dunlap
IMG_1438.jpg

Here's a link to more info about this one, and grand dad, if you are curious (thanks again Codger 64):

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472269&highlight=grand+dads+dunlap

Ford,Very Nice & great little link there,made my day,Thank You!
- Vince

Pretty sure this is 1940's,either way,nice size pocket knife

HPIM0053.jpg

HPIM0042.jpg

HPIM0039.jpg

HPIM0040.jpg

These are very,very rare VCM3 light tent images :D

Back