"Old Knives"

Nice Henckels Calvin, I recently acquired a few Earlier Henckels recently, they are on their way too me - in saying that your example is Stellar! Gorgeous full blades!I would have to refer to a Tang stamp chart - they are as you say not full of details to try and date it but at a guess from looking at these Henckels I think you would be close with dates.

Henckels, a hair under 3 1/2 inches, hammered pins, half stops, broken tip on small blade. I'm thinking pre-WWI? ??? Henckels, according to Goins lost the right to market their trademarks in the U.S. from some time in or around WWI until 1928. Goins does not show this exact tang stamp. Thoughts welcome.View attachment 1161521 View attachment 1161522 View attachment 1161523
That is a beauty! Sometime between 1900 and 1969? :confused:
9boEsDY.jpg

Henckels, a hair under 3 1/2 inches, hammered pins, half stops, broken tip on small blade. I'm thinking pre-WWI? ??? Henckels, according to Goins lost the right to market their trademarks in the U.S. from some time in or around WWI until 1928. Goins does not show this exact tang stamp. Thoughts welcome.View attachment 1161521 View attachment 1161522 View attachment 1161523

Dating a J.A. Henckels knife on a blade stamp alone is nearly impossible. You can really only date Henckels knives by factory catalog information.
Nice old knife which was made in the 1930s (model # 1868) and not offered again after WWII.

Yep! That's a sweetheart for sure Calvin, Staining or not - thats a darned cool Knife - it should really be here with me in New Zealand :D

Stunning knife, Cal! In such great condition for a "Cut"

Here is a gentleman's stockman in what we Schrade a philes call a 'Slenderino,' because of its svelte profile. Schrade and Camillus (think pattern 69) and maybe others made these slim jims as an upscale item, sometimes with milled liners and so on. This example is almost un-used but has some water damage.
Your Schrade Stock Knife is quite the slender beauty; love the sunken joints and the jigging!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back