"Old Knives"

Two very nice old knives Augie - they Terrier is a great looking knife and I love that worm groove Bone!

Nice old German Knife- That nice old blade still has remnants of an etch!

A Remington that looks so nice in the handsome wood handles - with nice hardware! Love it!

Two very nice old knives Augie - they Terrier is a great looking knife and I love that worm groove Bone!

Nice old German Knife- That nice old blade still has remnants of an etch!

A Remington that looks so nice in the handsome wood handles - with nice hardware! Love it!

That you Duncan, wish I could read the etch on the St Lawrence .

Last edited:
Friends, I just got the OK from my cardiologist that all the tests were good and the surgery is still on for my spinal fusion on Friday morning. Huge thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes! I'm confident that I will see great results and much relief after the surgery. :thumbsup: :)

Best wishes for a successful outcome !

Friends, I just got the OK from my cardiologist that all the tests were good and the surgery is still on for my spinal fusion on Friday morning. Huge thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes! I'm confident that I will see great results and much relief after the surgery. :thumbsup: :)
Best wishes on a speedy recovery Jeff!!!

Random group of old knives, well worn but very functional Terrier English Jack, St Lawrence Cutlery Germany ebony jack and a Remington R1061 Jack.
Excellent "random group" Augie; gorgeous covers on your Terrier!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Augie, wonderful group of folders! You are a knife finding machine even when you are somewhat laid up:eek: No wonder you can’t be stopped when you are well and going full speed! I guess you just can’t keep a good man down for long:)

Augie, wonderful group of folders! You are a knife finding machine even when you are somewhat laid up:eek: No wonder you can’t be stopped when you are well and going full speed! I guess you just can’t keep a good man down for long:)

Thanks Lloyd, I've got plenty of time on my hands to search for knives while I'm recovering, not so sure that's good for the bank account though.

I find the Remington the most interesting, pretty much a standard Remington Jack but the 1 of R1061 designates redwood which was mainly used on Remingtons work knives, they are probably out there but I can't recall seeing another, most are bone. Here is the same knife a R1063, the 3 designates bone.

IMG_0388.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Nick. You just keep showing those great knives and I'll perk up faster than a buzzard on a meat wagon! :p

Thinking of you Jeff matey. I hope you have some support as in good friends or kids close by to you to help you through!
If I was closer to you - I would definitely ring Paul and make sure he does your lawns for you. :D

Back