"Old Knives"

Herder, thank you so much for your detailed explanation, helps quite a bit. I kind of figured it was a low production model due lack of other examples out there. Quite similar to the example you have which I have not seen before.
The knife is 4 1/2" long, no model number, just stamped Stainless Steel on back.

View attachment 1292831

Augie, glad to help. Your knife is big at 4-1/2 inches, mine is only a hair over 3 inches and has a "106" model number on back of the blade.
Your model also has two folded liner channels for the blades, where mine has one channel for both blades.
Great Boker knife you have, and the only one I have seen.

Augie, glad to help. Your knife is big at 4-1/2 inches, mine is only a hair over 3 inches and has a "106" model number on back of the blade.
Your model also has two folded liner channels for the blades, where mine has one channel for both blades.
Great Boker knife you have, and the only one I have seen.

Somewhat obscurely related, I have this knife, which is a G. Schrade. It has the same wrap-around liners (mine is a 2-liner model), but has wood covers. I have never seen another like it, and was told by someone "in-the-know" that they must have been put on afterwards. I don't really see that from looking at the knife, and seeing these others, just fuels my feeling that the knife is legit as-is. (But then again, who knows?)

GSchrade fish resize.jpg

I was finally able to find a fairly good Old Northfield original . Everything is good except for one broken off blade . I am unable to fine any model number on it . The covers and shield are all tight . Still has good Snap on all blades . All Blades have a half stop . All four blades are stamped on the tang .
The File blade still works . It is 3 & 1/4 inch long . Price paid was , IMO , fairly reasonable . Would buy it again . It will look out of place in amongst the new Northfield drawer .
Seller's Pic's were very good too

My Pic's

All smaller blade tangs had this Stamping

Size compared to the new Northfield 62

Harry

Last edited:
Nice Congress,:thumbsup: Harry!! I'd buy it too!!
I have yet to find an old Northfield in ANY condition!!:(
Thanks very much Charlie . Coming from you my friend , that means an awful lot . I will keep my eyes open for another one at the local Knife Show late this month .

Harry

My latest vintage fixed blade, this Camillus #1008 from the late 1960s with a very full blade.

Oa2fr6g.jpg

I had my eye on this one Harry, glad you got it, you got it at a very fair price:thumbsup:

I was finally able to find a fairly good Old Northfield original . Everything is good except for one broken off blade . I am unable to fine any model number on it . The covers and shield are all tight . Still has good Snap on all blades . All Blades have a half stop . All four blades are stamped on the tang .
The File blade still works . It is 3 & 1/4 inch long . Price paid was , IMO , fairly reasonable . Would buy it again . It will look out of place in amongst the new Northfield drawer .

My Pic's

Harry

My Pic's

Harry
Really nice knife Harry:thumbsup:

It is a little more slender Jeff, and slightly shorter. The schrades are 3 3/8'' and the robeson's are 3 1/4''. The schrades have slightly more oval shape and robesons are nearly straight. Even though the robeson frame is shorter the main blades on both are almost the same length. Robeson really tucked them in there.

My Pic's

Harry

That's a really nice pick up Harry, Northfield's are hard to find in any condition.

I got this little dandy today. Thanks Neal @Invoice

Robeson shuredge 633865 jr cattle with bone handles. I would guess pre war. It has half stops on all blades which I did not expect, a neat feature to see on a three blader. Pretty cool little old knife.

View attachment 1296909 View attachment 1296910 View attachment 1296905

Paul, it looks a little more slender than the usual Schrade/Ulster models, and I like the pen third, too.

Paul, love the jigging on that one! I agree with Jeff, a pen blade definitely adds to its usefulness.

Back