"Old Knives"

Yeah...that is in great Shape! Camillus Spiral Punch, man just look at that beautiful Bone!

Two extremely fine examples there Herder- would be hard to find better!

Charlie- Camillus sure knew how to get one's attention- that Knife did it!!!! What has that Punch got stamped on the reverse kind Sir- That is a very cool Knife! Like my early Scout with all blades stamped, and the Mayer Punch!

That Knife looks ALMOST as old as that Hilborn fella!

Ah! Here is is! speak of the Devil!! Paul you will have to show us that beauty again eh? Lot of water passed under the Old Knives Bridge since then!

Gorgeous Pocket- Worn knife!

Wow- This is a Classic example of your Camillus quality! I was half expecting to see a " High Carbon Steel" Tang Stamp as Sears Camillus made Knives often had these awesome features! So a High Quality Knife!

Nice old Beast Herder- can we see the flip side of that Punch Sir? Bernard has this Brand as Boker pre '56, then Ulster - looking at that Shield and going by the amazing Boker book, that Shield confirms this as an ( around about's ) 40's Knife- so a Boker made one Sir?

Campbellclanman, Good catch on the maker which I wasn't thinking of. Yes, probably Boker / Valley Forge made in the teens.
Not a common model but I did find a similar Boker Eureka example with the same shield in a 1913 catalog.

View attachment 1288457

Thanks herder, the seller speculated J. Nowill & Sons as a potential maker. I have not been able to find much.

315, beautiful Keen Kutter scout! My guess would be early 1940s?
herder, great knives, especially the Eureka cattle knife!
Charlie, interesting muskrat/stockman Camillus. I really like the unique clip blade on the end with the punch!
Very nice old Schrade auto, K33ncutter!
Lovely Schrade

Thanks herder, the seller speculated J. Nowill & Sons as a potential maker. I have not been able to find much.

315, beautiful Keen Kutter scout! My guess would be early 1940s?
herder, great knives, especially the Eureka cattle knife!
Charlie, interesting muskrat/stockman Camillus. I really like the unique clip blade on the end with the punch!
Very nice old Schrade auto, K33ncutter!
Lovely Schrade

danno50, I included a post in the Sheffield thread regarding your pearl lobster knife.

I won this one back on ebay this past December ~ One of my prize possessions ~ this knife is unbelievable and has superb snap and pull ~ its an outstanding NapanochView attachment 1291782 View attachment 1291783 View attachment 1291784 View attachment 1291785

Great example from a great old company.
The chain made me smile in thinking that if you were to drop that big knife by accident , it would tear the button and pocket right off your clothing. :)

Thank you all for the kind comments on the Wadsworth, it does have really nice bone, Glenn, I agree with you the crudeness of the hammered pins really adds to the overall appearance of the knife.

Here are couple at the opposite ends of the size spectrum, I posted the sellers pics of this Boker U.S.A, fish knife awhile back looking for information. Was able to find very little information out there, maybe only 1 or 2 years right after Boker bought the George Schrade Company, large knife with interesting construction, looks like most of the parts could be stamped out with little finishing needed. Hopefully Herder sees this and has more information on it.

The other is a Northfield Tortoise Shell quill knife, considering how tiny it is they did a good job on the tang stamp.

IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1369.jpg IMG_1372.jpg IMG_1370.jpg IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1383.jpg IMG_1381.jpg IMG_1378.jpg

Thank you all for the kind comments on the Wadsworth, it does have really nice bone, Glenn, I agree with you the crudeness of the hammered pins really adds to the overall appearance of the knife.

Here are couple at the opposite ends of the size spectrum, I posted the sellers pics of this Boker U.S.A, fish knife awhile back looking for information. Was able to find very little information out there, maybe only 1 or 2 years right after Boker bought the George Schrade Company, large knife with interesting construction, looks like most of the parts could be stamped out with little finishing needed. Hopefully Herder sees this and has more information on it.

The other is a Northfield Tortoise Shell quill knife, considering how tiny it is they did a good job on the tang stamp.

View attachment 1292571 View attachment 1292572 View attachment 1292573 View attachment 1292574 View attachment 1292575 View attachment 1292576 View attachment 1292579 View attachment 1292581

Augie, Very nice Boker model, it is both unusual and uncommon. Boker bought the "George Schrade Knife Co." in 1956 and abruptly closed it down in 1958. (There is more information in the Boker book.)
The George Schrade Knife Co. was a completely different company from Schrade Walden with a connection of family members only. While Schrade Walden knives were found in many hardware and cutlery catalogs, George Schrade folding knives were rarely seen aside from the "Presto" switchblade models. George Schrade was quite the visionary and inventor and he most likely designed your model which Boker labeled after buying the company. Your knife, and a similar model that I am showing do not appear in a 1957 Boker factory catalog, so I am assuming that those models came out around 1958 and were only available for a year or two since I don't see them in early 1960s literature. And certainly, those models are not common. They do have very interesting unique and construction with the "wrap around" liners and flat bolsters which sit on top of the notched out bone handles. Is there a model number on the back of the main blade and what is the handle length of your knife? After completing the Boker book over a year ago now, Ricky and I are still finding knives and information which continues to amaze us. Boker was and is a complicated company which produced such a wide array of fantastic knives.

In regards to Boker / Schrade models, here is another unique folding knife. This all metal (stainless steel) folder has "Boker Tree Brand" etched on the blade, and "G. Schrade's Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knife" stamped into the handle. It also has a small sliding blade lock as seen on top of the handle near the blade. This knife (circa 1958 - 1960) was most certainly another invention of George Schrade, and it's interesting to see two different cutlery names on one knife.

Your small Northfield quill knife is also quite nice.

BF Boker Bone Cap Lifter .jpg

BF Boker Schrade Fishing Knife .jpg

Augie, Very nice Boker model, it is both unusual and uncommon. Boker bought the "George Schrade Knife Co." in 1956 and abruptly closed it down in 1958. (There is more information in the Boker book.)
The George Schrade Knife Co. was a completely different company from Schrade Walden with a connection of family members only. While Schrade Walden knives were found in many hardware and cutlery catalogs, George Schrade folding knives were rarely seen aside from the "Presto" switchblade models. George Schrade was quite the visionary and inventor and he most likely designed your model which Boker labeled after buying the company. Your knife, and a similar model that I am showing do not appear in a 1957 Boker factory catalog, so I am assuming that those models came out around 1958 and were only available for a year or two since I don't see them in early 1960s literature. And certainly, those models are not common. They do have very interesting unique and construction with the "wrap around" liners and flat bolsters which sit on top of the notched out bone handles. Is there a model number on the back of the main blade and what is the handle length of your knife? After completing the Boker book over a year ago now, Ricky and I are still finding knives and information which continues to amaze us. Boker was and is a complicated company which produced such a wide array of fantastic knives.

In regards to Boker / Schrade models, here is another unique folding knife. This all metal (stainless steel) folder has "Boker Tree Brand" etched on the blade, and "G. Schrade's Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knife" stamped into the handle. It also has a small sliding blade lock as seen on top of the handle near the blade. This knife (circa 1958 - 1960) was most certainly another invention of George Schrade, and it's interesting to see two different cutlery names on one knife.

Your small Northfield quill knife is also quite nice.

View attachment 1292779

View attachment 1292780

Herder, thank you so much for your detailed explanation, helps quite a bit. I kind of figured it was a low production model due lack of other examples out there. Quite similar to the example you have which I have not seen before.
The knife is 4 1/2" long, no model number, just stamped Stainless Steel on back.

IMG_1375.jpg

Back