"Old Knives"

Thanks for that Charlie and Longblade - hey ...a lot of people dont ask the questions for different reasons one of them would be so as not to look so insane as myself :confused:, but I am not too worried about that because I learn a wee bit when I do- just like I have now! Empire not being a specialty Brand as part of my collection, I know very little about this magnificent Company.

......and when seeing them like this, there is actually no comparison, Thanks again Charlie kind Sir.

Holley Bar Shield....
1MJZiiH.jpg

Empire Bar Shield....
hZH6Cz5.jpg

Here is a tang stamp you don't see all that often, John Primble India Steel Works. This one looks to be early Schrade Cut Co pic bone that has taken on a lovely warm worn glow from many years of use and carry. Worn blades but still a very usable knife, looks like pen was broken and modified or modified for use such a whittling. I would think made around WW1.

IMG_1613.jpg IMG_1614.jpg IMG_1618.jpg IMG_1622.jpg

Here is a tang stamp you don't see all that often, John Primble India Steel Works. This one looks to be early Schrade Cut Co pic bone that has taken on a lovely warm worn glow from many years of use and carry. Worn blades but still a very usable knife, looks like pen was broken and modified or modified for use such a whittling. I would think made around WW1.

View attachment 1318206 View attachment 1318207 View attachment 1318208 View attachment 1318209
Oh, I love everything about that one. Nice find!

Hey Dan you gave me the Thumbs down there Brother lol!:eek: :D

Thanks guys, I was just thinking on just how much that person must have loved that Steel Works of your Augie for it to be still to be a beautiful Knife! - Yet the owner put it to task - so just brilliant!

I agree, stunning knife Duncan! I love the etch and everything else about that knife. Congrats!

Another nice knife Augie. A warrior that has stood the test of time.

lol, Oh guys- I have shown that one before, but I was just SO pleased to see Augie's new acquisition - and I honestly did marvel over that LOVELY Knife thinking to myself, "Now this guy had this knife all this time- he didn't have to have several Hundred Pocket Knives - he probably possibly had this one or another one or two? for different duties"

Everyone- imagine if we just had this one knife like Augies wonderful example - just how much we would love to carry it - being the only one!
Trying to imagine loving a knife more than what I do already - its almost a frustrating thing- because when I see all my knives I just want to carry them and hold them all at once!!!!
Thanks for the kind comments Augie, Jeff, Dan ( you gave me a great chuckle my friend ), Mike, Charlie! :)

fXfHVN6.jpg

Wonderful Old Swiss Knives NorthShore- I have never got into them much- and I do feel I am missing out on some quality stuff there- I just know I am in enough trouble now - let alone branching out and getting hooked into another styled Knife!!!:eek:
Those old ones actually look better to me than the new ones!

Back