"Old Knives"

Grandpa Pete & Grandma Betty,
I like your collection! The two Red Bone Cases look great - what’s the Top knife and Bottom teardrop, the Top Knife looks very similar to an Empire Girls Scout Knife and the Teardrop looks like a Pal??? I know Im going to mikes away but it would be nice to have a look at them too some time! :):thumbsup:

Those Premium Stockman Knives went round! I haven’t seen too many Italian made ones- I have an older CJ Flag Knife ( Sheffield ) that is near exact - same coloured Horn same Brand Name of Premium Stockman on the Blade - I have a few German ones ( Henckels) of jigged Bone Brand named Premium as well!

Not very minty but right up my alley. I had to rescue this knife and bring it back to greater Boston. A Russell granddaddy barlow made for Iver Johnson sporting goods in Boston. The natural bone is awesome, has shades of blue in it. The pin cracks are pretty stable but after my initial wipe down and some of the crud that accumulated between the cracks is gone I can see a little daylight and it catches on the cloth when running down the back spring. Do I leave it alone and just handle it gently or is there a good method for stabilizing it futher?
View attachment 1308101
View attachment 1308102
View attachment 1308103
I've had a similar situation. A little "Super Glue" (I used the runny kind) worked into the crack "fixed" it right up. That was at least 5 years ago, the crack has not grown.

This Case Bros, Springville was made before WWI! The Case Bros ended ~ca 1915!!
This is a pattern number 6235 1/2P with real nice Bone handles!! I wonder if that is Rogers Bone??
Anyway I love this old knife, a bit of history in the long saga of Case!!
So does my friend "Rocky"!!:DCase Bros HJ A.jpg Case Bros HJ B.jpg Case Bros HJ C.jpg Case Bros HJ D.jpg

What a great Muskrat there Augie! I agree - that Knife has wonderful Bone! Lovely condition!

That’s a beauty HJ Charlie! I’m not too sure of the Bone but it’s darned nice!!

I think Rocky is kinda cool as well - always enjoy seeing the wonderful additions with those amazing Knives you share with us!

5" Closed ~ Here is a photo of the stamping and who made it on it's tang ~ I have read a little about these knives and do not know much ~ anyone knows anything about them would be interested in hearing about them......Company's name years manufactured ect. ~

View attachment 1315965

What are the letters before the word Cutlery? I can't quite make them out.

Here is an Italian made Premium Stockman - Handles are Horn - this one is a pretty big knife - knife is 9" total and the blade is 4"

View attachment 1315339

View attachment 1315340

Enclosed is a short excerpt from an article I wrote on the EIG company many years ago. Also included is a catalog illustration for you knife from 1957, it was not listed in future EIG catalogs.

While “EIG” sounds like an acronym, it’s actually the last name of the company’s founder, Saul Eig, who resided in Florida with his wife Lois. Saul registered “The Eig Corp.” on Dec. 27th 1956 in the state of Florida, but the company and catalogs existed at least two years earlier. The company had three officers who were “E.H. Hill Jr.”, M.E. Curry”, and J.O. Fredlund” and were most likely partners in the company. The main focus of “EIG Corp.” in the beginning was the importation of cheaply made firearms from Italy and Germany, but knives and related sporting items were also sold. EIG later went on to actually manufacture and sell cheaply made guns but that was short lived.

View attachment 1316299

A Wards Muskrat, stainless blades and pretty nice bone.

View attachment 1315925 View attachment 1315926

Wards made some nice knives this is one of them ~
This Case Bros, Springville was made before WWI! The Case Bros ended ~ca 1915!!
This is a pattern number 6235 1/2P with real nice Bone handles!! I wonder if that is Rogers Bone??
Anyway I love this old knife, a bit of history in the long saga of Case!!
So does my friend "Rocky"!!:DView attachment 1316240 View attachment 1316241 View attachment 1316242 View attachment 1316243

I found a rock that looked very similar on the beach it too had a facial appearance it was a moon rock it floated in water and had thousands of holes everywhere almost sponge like the rock was the size of a .25 Rubber Ball you find in Quarter machines - another rock I found was the spitting characteristics of the profile of Jesus found it in a garden bed walking up town one late night more than twenty years ago - I have a wood shed in my backyard and in the wood is very clear image of Jesus with his face bearded chin and long wavy hair his eye and nose - or at least what people have come to believe what Jesus had looked like ~ Interesting Rocks ~ and Cool Pocket Knife ~

Last edited:
Back