"Old Knives"

Bunch of nice knives Cal, Thanks for the pictures.

Added a couple of bare end Jacks. A early Challenge with unusual herringbone bone and a great early tang stamp, one of the best tang stamps ever in my opinion.

IMG_1492.jpg IMG_1498.jpg IMG_1491.jpg IMG_1497.jpg

Other is a nice early 3 line no USA Camillus Jack, also has nice bone.

IMG_1504.jpg IMG_1503.jpg IMG_1509.jpg

Wow this thread is moving fast!!!

Mike - Great Henckels Pruner my friend!!

Augie - you are smashing it out the park lately! Nice Thistle Handled Russell:thumbsup:

Cal my friend you certainly gave us LOTS to look at in post 19040! Awesome arrangement of Schrades. Those Electric Cut CO’s are great aren’t they! A great example of NYK Bone!

Augie those Two Jacks shown the Challenge and Camillus are simply wonderful Knives.
I haven’t heard nor seen as a matter of fact much about “ Herring Bone “ is this the official name fir this gorgeous Jig Work? Im wondering why we haven’t seen more of this Bone being so beautiful?
Great Stamp on that Challenge - apart from the beautiful Bone that’s one of the first things that stood out to me! :eek:

Cal and Augie - Sears! Whew did they have a range of outstanding knives available to them! Cal that example is a wonderful Knife.

John, Challenge Bridgeport stamps are one of my favorite's, first time I've seen this early example :eek::thumbsup: beautiful stamp and the knife itself is very nice:thumbsup::thumbsup: congrats on a fine example !

Bunch of nice knives Cal, Thanks for the pictures.

Added a couple of bare end Jacks. A early Challenge with unusual herringbone bone and a great early tang stamp, one of the best tang stamps ever in my opinion.

View attachment 1314153 View attachment 1314154 View attachment 1314155 View attachment 1314156

Other is a nice early 3 line no USA Camillus Jack, also has nice bone.

View attachment 1314157 View attachment 1314158 View attachment 1314159

Wow this thread is moving fast!!!

Mike - Great Henckels Pruner my friend!!

Augie - you are smashing it out the park lately! Nice Thistle Handled Russell:thumbsup:

Cal my friend you certainly gave us LOTS to look at in post 19040! Awesome arrangement of Schrades. Those Electric Cut CO’s are great aren’t they! A great example of NYK Bone!

Augie those Two Jacks shown the Challenge and Camillus are simply wonderful Knives.
I haven’t heard nor seen as a matter of fact much about “ Herring Bone “ is this the official name fir this gorgeous Jig Work? Im wondering why we haven’t seen more of this Bone being so beautiful?
Great Stamp on that Challenge - apart from the beautiful Bone that’s one of the first things that stood out to me! :eek:

Cal and Augie - Sears! Whew did they have a range of outstanding knives available to them! Cal that example is a wonderful Knife.

Thanks Duncan, I just made up the name for the bone, I've never seen it before, did not know what to call it but looks like a herringbone pattern to me. Be interesting to see if I can ever find another example.

Back