"Old Knives"

That is exceptional. I am truly jealous, but very happy indeed for you! :thumbsup::cool::):thumbsup:

Thanks Cal... I have a lot of Ulster's but this is the first one with the Ellenville, NY stamp on it :thumbsup:

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Great pics. (I like the beetle pine background.)

Thanks Mike! My wife went on a wood buying binge since she plans to someday get busy on a bunch of crafts using wood... in the meantime I have a nice selection of backgrounds to take pictures on LoL. That one is a "flame box elder" :):thumbsup:

So this showed up today. I swear it said, "Thank you." when I added a little oil. Don't know who "RJR" was, but he put his initials on the backside.

YQtfHJH.jpg

Been a while since I posted an old beauty so I figured I better post a good one... :D I reached out to a fellow porch sitter a while back and mentioned to him that if he ever felt like letting this one go that I would be ready and willing. Good things come to those who wait ;) Thank you fellow porch friend :)

View attachment 1444751 View attachment 1444752 View attachment 1444753 View attachment 1444754 View attachment 1444755

That is stunning, I see why you were coveting it!

Just for you Charlie. All the patterns less the axe/hatchet prototype that is believed to be the remaining known one of two. Not shown. The Boy and Girl Scout Chow Kits
View attachment 1445360 View attachment 1445361
Thanks, Alan!!! Great collection of historically important pieces!!:thumbsup:
I never realized there were so many variations!!:)
Products of a most inventive mind!!!:eek:

Edward came to the throne of England in January of 1936!! Knives and many other commemorative items were made that year for his Coronation, scheduled for early 1937, but he abdicated in December of '36, cancelling the ceremony!!Edward pen 1.jpg Edward pen 2.jpg
This knife was made by George Wostenholm; an I*XL, with blades of Firth Stainless!

I'm always looking for nice Washington Jacks, landed a nice unused 4 line Camillus last week and pleasantly surprised to find it's only 3", most are 3 3/8" to 3 5//8". I guess this makes it a boy's Washington Jack. Can't remember ever seeing another.

IMG_2730.jpeg IMG_2733.jpeg IMG_2731.jpeg IMG_2726.jpeg

I'm always looking for nice Washington Jacks, landed a nice unused 4 line Camillus last week and pleasantly surprised to find it's only 3", most are 3 3/8" to 3 5//8". I guess this makes it a boy's Washington Jack. Can't remember ever seeing another.

View attachment 1448158 View attachment 1448159 View attachment 1448160 View attachment 1448161

Nice! And you can really see the difference between glaze and crocus finishes on those blades. Plus, the swedge on the master clearly shows that it is possible to polish a blade without rounding the swedge transition. Too many makers today round over the transition when putting a mirror polish on the blade.

I'm always keen to add to my Pen knives, many of these are amazingly built and extremely attractive, often with Killer Bone!
Imagine my surprise when I opened up a box of knives that I received from our friend Roland, and inside this extremely kind Gesture of this little wonder being gifted to me....
Henry Sears Pen, the actions still to this day are as smooth as Silk, with such crisp snap!
If you take the time to look at the Bone and the wonderful Jig Work- you can appreciate everything about this wee thing.

QsZXcTy.jpg

DAf5sgu.jpg

Blades showing surface Rust some areas with very slight pitting, at some stage this was simply put away for some time, I am glad its ventured out again!
wvFbvF1.jpg

The tiniest of Tip Bolsters, and that small Bail so nicely finished off!

TCHDlqU.jpg

Duncan, Headwinds, Lambertiana, thanks for the comments. Lambertiana it is nice that it still has its original blade finishes. :thumbsup:

Back