1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

"Old Knives"

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VCM3, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Great pics. (I like the beetle pine background.)

waynorth and veitsi_poika like this.
  2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Thanks Cal... I have a lot of Ulster's but this is the first one with the Ellenville, NY stamp on it :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike! My wife went on a wood buying binge since she plans to someday get busy on a bunch of crafts using wood... in the meantime I have a nice selection of backgrounds to take pictures on LoL. That one is a "flame box elder" :):thumbsup:

4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Cutfinger and Campbellclanman like this.
  5. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just for you Charlie. All the patterns less the axe/hatchet prototype that is believed to be the remaining known one of two. Not shown. The Boy and Girl Scout Chow Kits
    1DED14CB-F1B8-4AD7-8396-FECD8B9D2206.jpeg received_2637106819680331.jpeg

6. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Nicely done Alan!

joeradza likes this.
  7. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    So this showed up today. I swear it said, "Thank you." when I added a little oil. Don't know who "RJR" was, but he put his initials on the backside.

[​IMG]

8. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    A grand old hunter in all respects!

Campbellclanman likes this.
  9. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thank you.

10. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    That is stunning, I see why you were coveting it!

waynorth and veitsi_poika like this.
  11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Alan!!! Great collection of historically important pieces!!:thumbsup:
    I never realized there were so many variations!!:)
    Products of a most inventive mind!!!:eek:

12. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Edward came to the throne of England in January of 1936!! Knives and many other commemorative items were made that year for his Coronation, scheduled for early 1937, but he abdicated in December of '36, cancelling the ceremony!! Edward pen 1.jpg Edward pen 2.jpg
    This knife was made by George Wostenholm; an I*XL, with blades of Firth Stainless!

13. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    That Knife matches his Reign Charlie. Unused!

knarfeng and r8shell like this.
  14. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Duncan!! It does appear unused - just some blade rub to show it's been CFed and CEed!!:D

Augie and Campbellclanman like this.
  15. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm always looking for nice Washington Jacks, landed a nice unused 4 line Camillus last week and pleasantly surprised to find it's only 3", most are 3 3/8" to 3 5//8". I guess this makes it a boy's Washington Jack. Can't remember ever seeing another.

IMG_2730.jpeg IMG_2733.jpeg IMG_2731.jpeg IMG_2726.jpeg

16. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    That’s a real Sweetheart of a Knife there Augie. LOVE Sword Brand Knives!

17. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    waynorth and Augie like this.
  18. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Nice! And you can really see the difference between glaze and crocus finishes on those blades. Plus, the swedge on the master clearly shows that it is possible to polish a blade without rounding the swedge transition. Too many makers today round over the transition when putting a mirror polish on the blade.

waynorth and Cutfinger like this.
  19. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    I'm always keen to add to my Pen knives, many of these are amazingly built and extremely attractive, often with Killer Bone!
    Imagine my surprise when I opened up a box of knives that I received from our friend Roland, and inside this extremely kind Gesture of this little wonder being gifted to me....
    Henry Sears Pen, the actions still to this day are as smooth as Silk, with such crisp snap!
    If you take the time to look at the Bone and the wonderful Jig Work- you can appreciate everything about this wee thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blades showing surface Rust some areas with very slight pitting, at some stage this was simply put away for some time, I am glad its ventured out again!
    [​IMG]

The tiniest of Tip Bolsters, and that small Bail so nicely finished off!

[​IMG]

20. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Duncan, Headwinds, Lambertiana, thanks for the comments. Lambertiana it is nice that it still has its original blade finishes. :thumbsup:

Campbellclanman likes this.