• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Oliver Plomion

I got the return reciept but haven't heard back from anyone yet and scumbag Oli still has my knives/money. He's the lowest type of scum on Earth! A thief and a liar who poses as a Policeman!!!

if he is a police officer (i still doubt it myself) it doesnt speak well of the "gendarmes" imho,

Time for one more letter to his Boss........................

Oh, to heck with letters. Let's just invade France.

The members of this forum probably possess more than enough combined armed might to pull it off. How hard can it be? Judging by France's military history, it's about as difficult as putting on a hat.

I notice that their current best forces are the Foreign Legion, the distinguishing characteristic of which is that they are not French.

In any case, what can be done about Oliver? A lawsuit seems unlikely to succeed; you'll probably win a judgment if you file in your home district, but collecting will be impossible. Are there any other ideas?

Gentlebeings, this forum is not the place to share your views about other countries....

Yeah, d00d, which is why both Sentinel2003 and I were pulling the subject back to Oliver.

Don't be so quick to intrude where you're not needed.

Now, back on subject, moderator. What's a reasonable way to deal with this? Is anyone familiar with France? Is there some common site where people make a lot of announcements, like Craigslist in America? It might be good to raise the alarm there.

The whois database indicates that oliverplomion.com and oliverplomion.co.fr are available. I'm not sure how hard it is to get a .fr domain, but I'd happily spring for oliverplomion.com for a couple of years, and put lots of details about this debacle there. With proper META tags, it should appear in a Google search even before some existing threads here discussing his practices. Bill, if you want to draft the web page(s) to put there, be my guest, or if you like, we can coordinate on what to put there. It might also be good if someone could supply a reasonable French translation of the site, for consumption by Oliver's fellow countrymen. Babelfish would probably do a horrible job of it.

These are suggestions only. This is Bill's grievance and I won't do anything unless he asks. However, I'm willing to help spread the word on this jerk. People tend to check Google for a lot of things: job applications, business vetting, etc. A bad hit or two there might seriously hurt his business standing and make him more willing to deal.

chardin said:
Is there some common site where people make a lot of announcements, like Craigslist in America?

Does he have a home town newspaper? Perhaps a letter to the editor will earn him a little noteriety.

n2s

chardin said:
... but I'd happily spring for oliverplomion.com for a couple of years, and put lots of details about this debacle there...
...With proper META tags, it should appear in a Google search even before some existing threads here discussing his practices...

How about springing for a BF membership instead? (Since a google search on Oliver Plomion already has BF as the first 2 hits) :)

Nordic Viking said:
How about springing for a BF membership instead? (Since a google search on Oliver Plomion already has BF as the first 2 hits) :)

anim_lol.gif

The chances of anyone performing a Google search specifically for "Oliver Plomion" (or a variation of) would be dayum close to nada. He's not famous, doesn't own an Internet business, etc. And if by chance someone does, what are they going to do with the information ? Cuz him under their breath ? :confused:

Don't you google everyone you buy from on the net before you send him money? I always do.

If you ever have a week to kill, try googling Botach.

Cougar Allen said:
Don't you google everyone you buy from on the net before you send him money? I always do.

Nope, I always deal with reputable people and businesses, and avoid knuckleheads. ;)

A good example is Botach. There is enough negative feedback on this forum alone that dissuades me from doing business with them. Google not required. :D

Botach, like Allen Blade, have a HUGE history on the net of humping their customers. *sigh* Yet, quite a few people (a generalization) know of their piss poor business practices, but continue to do business with them. :confused:

On the other hand, there are e-businesses that have excellent track records. While their excellent track record increases the probability of customer satisfaction, it doesn't mean that a customer will not get lost in the shuffle.

chardin said:
Yeah, d00d, which is why both Sentinel2003 and I were pulling the subject back to Oliver.

Don't be so quick to intrude where you're not needed.
Whoa there "d00d" :rolleyes: you realize who your talking to? :eek:

There was some digression, keeping a thread on track is his business, wheather you like it or not.

btw, I wanna see another Wolfman poem! :p

not2sharp said:
Does he have a home town newspaper? Perhaps a letter to the editor will earn him a little noteriety.

n2s

That's a good idea. What's his hometown?

This rip-off parasite OliverPlomion was a member of Bladeforums for quite some time. Most likely his knife hobby hasn't gone away and he'll be back, if not here then on other knife related discussion forums and maybe even on various gun forums. I would look into that and find out if he is indeed a member anywhere else. If he is then I'm sure there's damage to be done to his reputation. Just a suggestion.

Back