Pictures here! On the Bench

gbGH3fF.jpg

it's gonna be pretty nice! A lot of hand work goes into these lil guys, but it's almost ready to get tucked into a little foil pouch and given some hot love.
I’m pretty stoked to check out your work and examine the attention to detail I see in photos. 👍🏼

the quality of the craftsmanship behind those details has been improving, and for this particular set of window handle knives, I've had the time to troubleshoot some of the problems I've had with earlier versions when it comes to finish. That said, no one should expect a perfectly finished knife from me at this point- there are always remnants of the hand work that I do. On the other hand, the way I like to finish my knives is risky, since blemishes are more easily shown. There are a lot of ways to hide flaws and blemishes, but I go the other way and work hard to make them more obvious🤦‍♂️

All those handwork remnants :rolleyes: Oh when oh when will Lorien achieve perfection? 🤔 Get your Lorien knife today before they are out of reach for us mere mortals likely to be blinded, or at the least, mesmerized by the flawless finish of knives to come.

🤣🤣

You know I love your work Brother!

I let him jump the queu awhile ago just because the ironwood he showed me was too good to pass up working on😁
Good little practice piece before I have to knuckle down on the order sheet knives

givin er these days, tryin to get some knives close to ready for sale while I slug it out with the order list. I'll need to keep the bucks coming in while I work through that batch, but I'll need to focus 100% on the batch to keep things tight

these getting close to ready for the oven and the ice
OSvAeOv.jpg

Lorien, did you change the top grind on the Black adder? Move it forward?
yeah, there's two there. Yours is the extra prickly one- with that beautiful wood handle, I figured there is really only one use for it; display, (ie; display the innards of your enemies lol)
the other one has more of a military/utility knife type feel to it, and the shortened swedge makes for a stiffer blade and a little more support out toward the tip for regular use

Back