One knife(fixed or folding ,max blade length 14 inches, max handle length 10 inches)

Not too extreme but you'd die without the proper tools....I don't think you quite grasp the concept of "extreme"
You wouldn't roast,toast or freeze , but exposure in plenty of normal environments for 5 days can kill, if you can't make shelter or fire

Escarpment-1.jpg

If everything I need can be found in the forest, I'd rather be dropped in a forest of burger trees. 20 miles, 2-3 days at a leisure pace. Any pocket knife I have on me when dropped, maybe a BK-16 to make medium sized fires to warm up the burgers and zambie ants.

If everything I need can be found in the forest, I'd rather be dropped in a forest of burger trees. 20 miles, 2-3 days at a leisure pace. Any pocket knife I have on me when dropped, maybe a BK-16 to make medium sized fires to warm up the burgers and zambie ants.
Add the soda lakes, French fry plants, and milkshake ponds. Dream forest right there. :D

I am now thinking I'd rather just have nothing.
I would certainly rather have nothing than a big chopper type knife if I can't have an axe.
Since "everything you need to survive can be found in the forest" in this scenario, I think "nothing" is a perfect answer. If you need a knife to survive, it can presumably be found in the forest. Maybe it's that other guy's TGLB that fell off his bumper.

Since "everything you need to survive can be found in the forest" in this scenario, I think "nothing" is a perfect answer. If you need a knife to survive, it can presumably be found in the forest. Maybe it's that other guy's TGLB that fell off his bumper.
Just because you can find it, doesn't mean you can use it, e.g wild game which you would need a knife to process/kill, or a tin of food which you would need to cut open, an earlier post chose a camillus multi tool with a tin opener, which was a smart move.

Just because you can find it, doesn't mean you can use it, e.g wild game which you would need a knife to process/kill, or a tin of food which you would need to cut open, an earlier post chose a camillus multi tool with a tin opener, which was a smart move.
Since I can’t have my big knife small knife combo, I’ll just roll with my trusty Recon Tanto. It’s tough and fairly easy to use for me. The important thing is being intimately familiar with the knife of your choosing.

Since I can’t have my big knife small knife combo, I’ll just roll with my trusty Recon Tanto. It’s tough and fairly easy to use for me. The important thing is being intimately familiar with the knife of your choosing.
I agree, thats whats most important, especially if you don't know what could happen!, you are making me think i should have picked my victorinox hunter!

Dear bladeforum members,

I was dropped in the middle of a forest but have found that everything I need is here, including reception, so I am able to post this from my phone. It’s an amazing place, hamburger trees are plentiful, and there’s French Fry plants everywhere. I bathed in a soda lake (a magical experience), which unfortunately is drawing thousands of zambie ants, but I found a bunker full of Raid, so everything will be fine.

There’s a strip joint that doesn’t require money for drinks OR lap dances, so I’ve been spending a lot of time there. I turned on the bat signal, so I hope you all can find your way, there’s also a huge knife shop that has almost everything you could think of, and is definitely worth visiting. Come soon, I’m bored, these strippers aren’t much for conversation.

Your friend,
Lee

Probably an 12-14" OKC machete, its light weight to use for clearing path; it could cut, chop and even light baton for making tools, fire and shelter.

A Sirupate.. The more slender, longer and faster brother of the "standard" Khukuri we all know.

I actually have one on order from @Kailash Blades with a 14" blade, micarta handle and a kydex sheath that comes with a newly designed shoulder strap!

Looking forward to testing it. I am also very curious of the shoulder strap, it comes with a dangler as well so you can switch how you want to carry it.

Just hope the corona doesn't delay my delivery too much.. :rolleyes:

Pictures from @Kailash Blades.

GuG7ksvl.jpg

VLJbgOql.jpg

Dear bladeforum members,

I was dropped in the middle of a forest but have found that everything I need is here, including reception, so I am able to post this from my phone. It’s an amazing place, hamburger trees are plentiful, and there’s French Fry plants everywhere. I bathed in a soda lake (a magical experience), which unfortunately is drawing thousands of zambie ants, but I found a bunker full of Raid, so everything will be fine.

There’s a strip joint that doesn’t require money for drinks OR lap dances, so I’ve been spending a lot of time there. I turned on the bat signal, so I hope you all can find your way, there’s also a huge knife shop that has almost everything you could think of, and is definitely worth visiting. Come soon, I’m bored, these strippers aren’t much for conversation.

Your friend,
Lee
Have you found the weed farm and candied zombie ant shop?

I agree, thats whats most important, especially if you don't know what could happen!, you are making me think i should have picked my victorinox hunter!
Important thing is it works for you and you have fun with it. This is a pretty enjoyable thread lol.

A Sirupate.. The more slender, longer and faster brother of the "standard" Khukuri we all know.

I actually have one on order from @Kailash Blades with a 14" blade, micarta handle and a kydex sheath that comes with a newly designed shoulder strap!

Looking forward to testing it. I am also very curious of the shoulder strap, it comes with a dangler as well so you can switch how you want to carry it.

Just hope the corona doesn't delay my delivery too much.. :rolleyes:

Pictures from @Kailash Blades.

GuG7ksvl.jpg

VLJbgOql.jpg
Ah yes, a fascinating khukuri design. I imagine this will be livelier in hand than the standard khukuri.

Back