Orange CTS XHP Para 3

Still haven’t received shipping info on mine

You may want to try giving them a call to verify then.

I have not received, any shipping info either. I suspect that if I would have created an account with CS that I would then be able to 'log in' and get updates/shipping info. That's kind of the way it read, to me, when I got the order confirmation e-mail. Personally I don't think I should have to create an account to simply receive shipping/shipment info on an item I've paid for - so I don't - and it'll get here when it gets here. I don't doubt for a second that mine (and yours), have long since shipped though, and we should be getting them shortly.

If you are doubtful / wondering / curious, give them a call, and put those doubts to rest. It's as easy as that,

u.w.

Mine just arrived too. Had the pen, the sticker, the keychain and some leftover Halloween candy in the box. Love the orange and black combo!

Mine is still awaiting fulfillment :(
Got this reply when I emailed them

Spyderco sent us a partial order of the knives they had built, which we started sending out on Monday.
We have more knives in transit now (UPS is closed for Thanksgiving) that are due here on Friday.
Best guess it will ship just after Thanksgiving: on Saturday or at the latest Monday.

Thanks, I called and they said they are fulfilling orders in the order they were received.... I ordered within an hour so they must have gone fast!

I called too, because I was curious too.

So like most, if not all, on here I ordered mine Friday the 16th. Called today after posting it's easy to call and find out. Spoke to a very nice woman and was told I can expect mine to ship around the 24th or 26th. Now informed, I thanked her, we wished each other a good/happy Thanksgiving and said bye.
Jumping back on here answers the rest of the question. They didn't have a lot of them in hand yet, when they allowed us to place our orders, and pay.
I don't mind the time frame at all, but I definitely would have liked to have been fully informed up front. Can't help but wonder if they'd feel the same/agree, if our roles were reversed.

u.w.

tGBkyqX.jpg

Got mine Monday evening. Gotta say, I really like it. I've been a fan of the steel for a while, and wanted to try out the Para3. I wasn't sure I'd like the Para3, but I'm glad I gave it a try.

Blade centering on mine is good. Blade didn't drop free the first night, but after a day of using it, it drops free like a champ! Edge was... well it seemed rounded; but to me that was not an issue at all. I gave it a little love on a well used DMT green pocket, and then a Spydie fine pocket, and now it just falls through phone book paper against the grain - so good enough for me for now. When I do a "full proper" sharpen, I may take it a little farther...

u.w.

ETA: well, I "couldn't leave well enough alone", lol... So... I went down to coarse (blue), then fine (red), then extra fine (green) pocket 'stones'. I burred on each of the diamonds, then very, very lightly Spydie fine ceramic pocket to de-burr. The burr comes off really easily & nicely. I like it. Went and grabbed a hair out of the shower to see...

45192604905_2d5d1c9aa1_b.jpg

Yep... hair whittling. Got two curls before it cut through. Orange arrows point to the curls (yeah, my hair is pretty thin...)

Thank you Cutlery Shoppe and Spyderco. Job well done.

u.w.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAD
I like my DLC version so much I'm considering trying to find one on the secondary market and keep it locked up in the safe for future use.

That sure is a vibrant orange on these. Really like the looks and don't mind the satin instead of stonewashed blade since it's already a very loud and shiny knife. I usually buy Para3s to test out new steels so it's kind of nice to get one I'm already familiar with in CTS-XHP so I can just drop it in my pocket and go.

Cutlery shoppe got a few more in, dropping satin blades today and dlc tomorrow
12PM MST

Cool; had one in my cart from the initial run and was getting emails from CS to complete my order even though it was out of stock by now... finished completing my order today, just had to check out as soon as noon rolled around :)

Back