Orange SpyderHawk - Anyone have one?

Riz!

Platinum Member
Anyone have one of these sprints? I am thinking of buying one for fishing the river. I was hoping to see some pics and hear some thoughts?

m0HWW1q.jpg

You would! How do you like it? Got any pics next to a Millie?

Just ordered one! Love my Tasman and Pacific salts. I was very very happy to see these available in Canada. I thought I'd miss out on it with the whole CBSA thing

Just received mine on Saturday and it is an outstanding specimen! Couldn't be happier with it!

I rec'd two last week, both are excellent, well centered blades and smooth action.
First class workmanship.

Regards,
FK

Thanks gents. The pics pushed me over the edge. Gonna order tonight. Itll be perfect for the boat

I ordered one when I got home from work. I wanted to order two since its a sprint run, but I decided to get one and inspect it and use it for a week or two and then order another if I like it.

Ok, I'm a huge sucker for Orange and also the H1 series as I'm an avid fisherman, boater and weekend pool/lake rat.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the benefit of the hawkbill shape and the serrations for say fishing (freshwater kayak and bass boat) I usually carry either a Pacific Salt plain edge or my H1 Dragonfly plain edge. I really like this and everyones pics have started to push me closer to the edge. I just want to try and justify my purchase on the usefullness or advantage of the serrations and hawkbill shape. Thanks

They are great for quickly cutting lines. Its an extreme example but if you were diving and caught in lines you could cut yourself free in a hurry. @Surfingringo uses them to bleed all the fish he catches on his kayak. They are also greatvfor utility uses like breaking down boxes, cutting abrasive materials, or opening heavy bags (think sandbags or mulch bags) where the tip peirces and then you pull to complete the cut.

Back