Order of the Canoe

4oxRd3q.jpg
Phenomenal pair of GEC canoes! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
I used to think the GEC canoes were weird because the shape isn't like other canoes, but I've come to appreciate the interesting "variation on a theme". When I first joined BF, there were a lot of GEC canoes available at dealers, and I regret that I didn't grab one when I had the chance.

- GT

Phenomenal pair of GEC canoes! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
I used to think the GEC canoes were weird because the shape isn't like other canoes, but I've come to appreciate the interesting "variation on a theme". When I first joined BF, there were a lot of GEC canoes available at dealers, and I regret that I didn't grab one when I had the chance.

- GT
You must have joined in 2012 or 2013. Those were the “good old days” when we could look at potential GEC purchases for weeks or months before making a decision. They made a lot of variations of these Canoes for such a small run. (If I’m not mistaken, the #16’s were the least produced GEC pattern). That Emerald Green acrylic canoe is one of 13. I’d like to find one of the four Cocobolo versions.

I don't have one but the Buck & Russell signature canoe is pretty neat. Unusual blade combination (for a canoe) and unusual steel combination --154cm spear and S30V Wharncliffe. Very cool!

buag308s.jpg
Being a Buck fan, this was my first canoe pattern. Not because it was a canoe but because of both Chuck Buck and A. G. Russell's involvement. AG designed the knife and of course Chuck had Buck produce it. When I received the knife, I really liked the way it felt in hand, I wasn't going to carry it but it went in my pocket, just around the house.
DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

I liked it so much that I found one that had cracks in the stag offered at a much discounted price. Of course, I bought it. I plan to carry and use it. If the stag falls off(doubtful) I'll have it recovered.
IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

There are more canoes in my future, starting with this Case...
DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back