Order on the way....

Welcome to the forum vorpalsnick! Very interesting picks for your first blades, I always like to see that. My first were a 15" BAS and a Baby VCAK. Then a 20" Kobra, which is just plain fun to use. It's more like a short sword in my opinion...

Nice Curved Spine Bookie! The marking looks like Thamar's swastika, but I'm not sure how long he's been around/how old that knife is. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to the forum vorpalsnick! Very interesting picks for your first blades, I always like to see that. My first were a 15" BAS and a Baby VCAK. Then a 20" Kobra, which is just plain fun to use. It's more like a short sword in my opinion...

Nice Curved Spine Bookie! The marking looks like Thamar's swastika, but I'm not sure how long he's been around/how old that knife is. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thamar is a newer Kami to HI, he's been here around a year or less, I believe.

That's what I thought cul. Thanks for confirming. I also don't know how long Bookie's had that knife, but I'm guessing longer than that

Hey! stick kamidog or something, I'm still plugging up some of the holes from before...:eek:
:eek:HMMMMM!!!! I thot we was buds? Bawannas right tho? I been poked well enuff in the last few months. I did manage to get that Thamar TC under the radar. She was visiting the neighbor when the postman dropped it off and I got home from work before she got home so it melted in to complete my trifecta without a peep! Thats called Bawanna luck right there!
I think Docs done with straight pins with me. I seen him straightening out fish hooks and rubbing them in Tabasco:eek: They might've been for cul tho?;)

That's what I thought cul. Thanks for confirming. I also don't know how long Bookie's had that knife, but I'm guessing longer than that

I'd say about a year or just a bit longer. We got them at the same time, his arrived a day earlier than mine. I think they were the first ones that came around if my recollection is correct. Mail man likes him gooder than me I guess.

I seen him straightening out fish hooks and rubbing them in Tabasco:eek: They might've been for cul tho?;)

Nah...those are for Bawanna's arse, for when he's really bad, we the nice ones...:rolleyes:. I would say Bawanns's feet, but he don't use them much anymore...he's on his rear most of the time.

I think I best shut up now, before Bookie decides my eyes need to burn a little.

I think I best shut up now, before Bookie decides my eyes need to burn a little.
I think your OK. Hes prolly hung over from his puja! Oh! gotta go! My wife needs me to strain some spaghetti. Hope she uses cold water this time.

Hi Cul!
You feelin' O.K.? Been to Graduate School for some advanced techniques. Let me know how I'm doin', please.

bit.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Cul!
You feelin' O.K.? Been to Graduate School for some advanced techniques. Let me know how I'm doin', please.

bit.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey! back off, that don't look to friendly. I'm gonna need to brush up on my Chinese voodoo, just in case.

I'd say about a year or just a bit longer. We got them at the same time, his arrived a day earlier than mine. I think they were the first ones that came around if my recollection is correct. Mail man likes him gooder than me I guess.

Hmmm so maybe they are Thamar blades? The style seems to fit, with a more traditional look.

Alright, I just took a look at my Dui Chirra and the script looks the same. It looks like the swastika was a little rushed or just less practiced, but I do think that's Thamar's marking.

CS0a_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CS5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's a picture of my Thamar Dui Chirra (below) compared to Bookie's Curved Spine (above). As you can see, the markings on my Dui more well defined, and in a slightly different orientation than the ones on the Curved Spine, but they look the same to me.

Bookie, could you please confirm and/or post a close-up of the markings? I'm dying to know if I'm correct or just seeing things due to some sort of confirmation bias :D

Last edited:
Hmmm so maybe they are Thamar blades? The style seems to fit, with a more traditional look.

Alright, I just took a look at my Dui Chirra and the script looks the same. It looks like the swastika was a little rushed or just less practiced, but I do think that's Thamar's marking.

Here's a picture of mine compared to Bookie's. As you can see, they're more well defined and in a slightly different orientation than the ones on the Curved Spine, but they look the same to me.

Bookie, could you please confirm and/or post a close-up of the markings? I'm dying to know if I'm correct or just seeing things due to some sort of confirmation bias :D

It's a Thamar, you can tell by the cho, and the Flyflot.

Do you mean the CS cul? The one with the fancy cho is my Dui Chirra, which I know is by Thamar. I'm just using it as reference to determine the markings on the Curved Spine, which I suspect is also a Thamar. Apologies if that post was vague, I'll try to clear it up

Do you mean the CS cul? The one with the fancy cho is my Dui Chirra, which I know is by Thamar. I'm just using it as reference to determine the markings on the Curved Spine, which I suspect is also a Thamar. Apologies if that post was vague, I'll try to clear it up

I believe Bookie's is from Thamar, if I remember his original posting when he first got it.

Positively guaranteed the Curved Spine is a Thamar. No question about it.

Seems most everything he makes is more traditional looking and he's a super Kami. Maybe my favorite since Rajkumar left.
Tirtha right up there. Seems anymore they are all very good.

Yep all Fylfots! Now to complicate things as I usually do:D Here's my Samsher. Sure looks like a Curved Spine dont it? What do yall think.

4797e8f2280587e23241feba51f3dbba

The one in front is Samsher. Yek Chirra is behind.

bc915dad65240a92d50189b818d70fca

Samsher in front. Im beginning to think mine might even be a Curved Spine or else Samsher is the same thing. Anywayz I got the best Samsher. well...Moon has a pretty cool one to. Brothers maybe?

I think that Samsher would be much happier in Washington. Looks like a northern aggressor to me.

Still got my address?

I think that Samsher would be much happier in Washington. Looks like a northern aggressor to me.

Still got my address?

Uhhh... lemme go look. I used to have it. Hmmm? I know its down there somewhere? Ill be dang?

Hey I do see something different. The handle has a ring but no grooves above or below it. Otherwise very similar. Cousins maybe?

Back