OT, personal matter, had the stuffing knocked out

No, Kendo, there was no khukuri in my hand. I'd aleady given it to he staff behind the kitchen counter and it was out of reach. It never even entered my mind. Any reason he might avoid the whole weight of the law is because I put a hand upon him and shook him, saying; "we don't have to do this, we can talk, we can-"

Don't know what else happened as lights dimmined and my vision was gone. Sort of coffee mug in eye effect of thinking.

I would win a compromised case. I don't want to win a compromise. My lawyer is waiting to see what the sheriff's come up with.

munk

ok munk that worried me a bit i thought you might have still been carryin it.

ok best of luck with whatever you decide to do munk, just as i say dont let this sorry incedent marr yours and your familys lives,we live and learn by our mistakes.thankfully you still are here to enliven our days i enjoy your posts as do all the rest here. so best to ya mate regards ken:)

"I would win a compromised case. I don't want to win a compromise. My lawyer is waiting to see what the sheriff's come up with."

There's a time to rely on one's heart. There's a time to rely on one's soul. And there's a time to rely on one's brains. You're taking all the right steps, Munk.

Whatever happens in the future, he attacked you violently . . . but he never beat you where it matters. And now he will face his karma.

There were too many to mention by name but your sound advice keeps coming to the forefront. Thank you Kahuna.

munk

I was going to post a long post about what his reactions may be to different scenarios. But it essentially came down to 1 sentence.

Protect the ones you love.

Good luck and hang in there.

Munk, we dont know each other but it is obvious to me that you are a lucky man. You have alot of people here that love and respect you and they've given you advice from their hearts.

You havent lost those 16 1/2 years sober. You experienced them.The only day you have to worry about and stay sober is today.Yesterday's gone and tommorrow aint here yet. One day at a time. I am glad to see you know the difference between dry and sober. Give it hell man, it gets better. I too, had to go out and do some research after a number of years sober, found out it hadnt gotten any better on the other side. Someone suggested meetings and a sponsor, that's the way I do it. Been back almost 5 years now and it now seems I needed that trek back out there to get to where I am now. Some of us are slow learners.
I wish you the best and feel free to email for a phone number if you ever just need to talk about it.

I did not expect this from my forum friends. I've been....incompentent. I was unable to provide the first line of defense, the thing that allows us to move on and make friends, discover science, raise children. I could not protect myself and in a forum of weapons experts told them so. What I found instead has overwhelmed me with emotion. Perhaps it's the head injury, yeah....that must be it.

You all have given me the substance I desperately needed. Even friends in town I have not spoken of this to- I've seen some turn their heads away. I don't even know if I can trust people I formerly thought were sterling.

About Evil, you are so right. We can guess which action will anger it and provoke even more evil, and this goes on and on until you are mad with worry. I told the police the truth. It leaves me a little foolish but not responsible for having my head against the floor with someone trying to smash my brains in. The police will hear other spins. They may even shrug this whole thing off- I don't know. I'm not gonna counter 'spin' or bullshit. And if my neighbor goes to jail- so be it. I didn't send him there. I told the truth. He sent his own damn self there.

Lord, how many bad guys, rapists and what all after you put up a defense or tell the truth will then say: "NOW, You're really gonna get it!!"

Evil will give it to you whether you stand or run. That is what evil is.

I will protect my familiy with my life. I hold close to my heart what kind and wise words have been said to me here.

I believe you. It is not just a computer screen. I believe you.

munk

I'm not playing the game of the lost 16 years anymore either. I'm here now, I'm back, and I'm in gear Rusty.

Munk,

I just saw this post. Sorry I did not see it earlier.

It does sound like you had a degree of blame in causing the incident. A court might conceivably feel your neighbor’s first strike was justified if he sincerely believed he was in danger from you. I believe the subsequent blows and the injuries he inflicted after you were incapacitated would be almost impossible to justify though. They certainly go well beyond self-defense.

I would be very careful about making threats. Bill suggested a letter: “Tell your enemy by registered mail (keep a copy and forward a copy to the LEOs) that you have learned your lesson and will be fully prepared for any future encounter and sign it, "touch me again and you're a dead son of a bitch." And stick by your game plan. ” I think this is a very bad idea. A touch is not sufficient provocation for killing someone in the eyes of the law. If you write such a letter and later find yourself involved in another violent encounter with this man, you can expect to see the letter in court as evidence that you were prepared to kill this man if he so much as touched you.

It seems to me that a certain amount of shame on your part is justified and good for you. Shame for losing your sobriety at a critical time, and shame for poor judgment in your choice of words and physical contact. There are lessons to be learned and contemplation of your actions will help you to capitalize on the lessons.

Anyone can lose a fight if they are surprised. It hurts the ego but I don’t think it is something to be ashamed of. After a telling blow you start to loose your capacities, and it can go downhill quickly from there. It might do you good to consider why you were surprised by the situation. If you gain understanding of that you may be a little harder to surprise in that particular manner in the future.

Munk, I am proud to know you and I think you are an asset to this world.

Back