Our "Front Porch" ....

image.jpg
Hanging out at the house watching my daughter while wife is getting her hair done. Hmmm. What should we do?

Quake.......that is a really cool pic of a really incredible XM........
That's an awesome and rare piece of Hinderer history........

Hey herders, I know I've been a bit of a stranger around here.. Been trying to take advantage of good weather to get out after some fish whenever I can before I blink and it's winter again.. Anyway, here are a few pics of what I've been up to:

N9v4MHn.jpg

It all begins with the dead (and expensive) dinosaurs…

lKu21PQ.jpg

j2FBdOp.jpg

Couldn't ask for a nicer day..

d5HfhDg.jpg

First order of business was to retrieve my shrimp pots that I had left out a few weeks ago, it was nice to see they were where I had left them. It was nicer to see some shrimp still inside! Three weeks is a tad long to leave them, typically an octopus or other (two-legged) thief will wander along and clean them out.. Ended up w/ 3 gallons of tails so it was a relatively good result.

IVGE3LD.jpg

My next objective was to go after Lingcod, a fish I have eaten many times (very tasty) but had never actually caught myself before. We only put one in the boat, but at 47" and 50 lbs it'll do! (The min size is 35".) Check out the mouth on this thing - I coulda stuck my head inside it, but not a good idea as these things are rather toothy. Cut it's guts open later to find a whole pink salmon in its belly.

eiuo3s9.jpg

Got after some halibut to round out the trip. Big 'butts can be tough to come by in PWS, we took home two - a small 18 pounder my buddy caught and this one I hooked up with the next morning when I got up early and dropped some bait while making coffee. He ended up being my personal best to date: 55" and 110 lbs. A good way to start the day..

XJ0XThZ.jpg

CGNfGH9.jpg

coKMA0w.jpg

GPMLOt8.jpg

That tail is 15" tip to tip.

Apologies for the so-so pics - I inadvertently made a sacrifice to the fish gods when I dumped my iPhone in the harbor so I had to borrow pics from my buddies..

^really cool! :eek: thats some huge fish right there! - and i would like some of those shrimps too :D

seems to be really nice in AK - i wanna go there sometime see how i would do riding some of those powder-runs seen in the extreme skiing/snowboarding videos!

EVO and AZ absolutely stunning photos and great activities. Alaska is one of my most favorite places, just love the remoteness and wildlife. Thanks for taking the time to share guys.

New to the group and thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Looks like a wonderful time. Beautiful country up there!

@EVO and Shane...

You both did an excellent job of making me feel as if I was there...I could envision the smells of both open air and the fishy/shrimp goodness.:D

Andreas, love your DLC bro! And you live in a beautiful place, and you have really good pics as well! Thanks!

Shane, wow!! You had a very successful fishing trip, congratulations!! Those are some monsters!!! I think th ebiggest fish I have caught was like 2 lbs... So I have no idea what the thrill of catching those would be.... And the sacrifice to the fushing gods paid off :thumbup:

Thanks guys :D

Nice pics, guys! That last one makes me hungry. Just checking in from Bangkok, Thailand since it's been a while. Dreading the 24 plus hour trip back in a few days. Hope all is well.

Back