Para 2 CF S90V

Miine shipped yesterday from KC as well. I can hardly wait.
Whats funny is here in Canada we have a knife retailer that has a store in our local mall called "house of knifes" hugely inflated pricing. anyway I walked in the store today to look while waiting for my daughter and lo and behold there is the new Para2 CF S90. Wow, it looks and feels great. I didnt expect it to be so light. The lock was pretty stiff but im sure it will loosen up.
By the way it was for sale for a mere $299.99 :D

Now if KC will just send me my Lum CF Chinese I will be ecstatic. ;)

If you're in BC [or Canada], Warriors and Wonders is the only place to go, they just tossed 30 Para IIs [S90V + CF scales] on their site today [well 29 :D] for pre-purchase [December 10th -14th]. Price $199.99 CND. House of Knives - geeze. The Lum design is up for pre sale too ...

Last edited:
For anyone interested, Blade HQ has THREE of them IN STOCK, RIGHT NOW.
Bad news is that they further hiked their prices up one more time: $239.95.

FWIW, KC told me yesterday that I was next on their list (for their recent re-stock) and I declined to take it as I already got one elsewhere. It seems they are trickling back into dealers' hands...

Nice move Warriorsociologist. A lesser man could have easily have decided to keep or sell the second. I have seen a couple of sites abbreviated as KC, were you referring to KnifeCenter and do you remember when you put in your preorder? If mine is way later, I am considering going ahead and getting a different model in case my pre-order never comes up.

such a sick looking knife. can't wait for these to become more readily available. the cf para2 will be a nice compliment to a sage.

@aperdue:

Actually, I stand corrected! When I looked back on my emails I found that it was Knifecenter that I did get mine from...and it was Ashley at Knifeworks that sent me the notice. I don't know how many they (Knifeworks) got in.

That went quick! :)

Sort of? The price was higher than "street" but south of MSRP. SFO sold out their entire inventory at MSRP (except to a few buyers who were able to walk into the store). I think this will be a hot knife for quite a while. Every one likes CF and S90V, and not everyone wants a Military or a Manix2.

I got one too, from someone I purchased before on eBay, from Canada, and was very happy with his service. Shipped today but chances are it will take a couple of weeks or even three. Sort of a Xmas present to myself then, I guess. :)
The funny stuff is that I thought long about it, not for the seller, but for the time it will take to get here thru customs and decided to go for it. One hour later I get an email from Blade HQ saying they have them in stock. It would have saved me the wait.
Oh well, I am happy anyway!

I just got mine today, and it's amazing! Expectations have been surpassed (and they were very high).

Here you go.

Mine's got a little bit of side to side wobble in the blade. Up down seems tight. Got one scale on the lock side that is rough around the inside edge in places. The other scale is smooth all the way around in the same areas. I can smooth out the edge with some sandpaper I guess, and I think I can live with the slight wobble. The compression lock takes a little oomph to disengage but it seems to be breaking in rapidly or my thumb is toughening up. Really like the open back design. Thought the Carbon Fiber would be black, but it's more of a dark charcoal grey. Should look good with the coming Grey G10 model. Sweet knife. I didn't care for the original paramilitary but this one's OK. More comfortable handle and the blade isn't quite the stubby thing the original had. :thumbup:

Last edited:
that's the first negative quality control issue i've read about on the para2's. did you try to contact spyderco or play around with the tension?

that's the first negative quality control issue i've read about on the para2's. did you try to contact spyderco or play around with the tension?

Haven't played with the tension. I'm going to move the clip so I'll try tightening the bushing screws then. Need to find the right drivers. Roughness appears to be just along the inside corner of the CF. I'll try running a white stone over it and see what happens. Not a deal breaker. ;)

Edit: I got around to smoothing out the roughness around the inside edges of the carbon fiber. I held the knife under running water at the sink and worked over the sharp edges of the carbon fiber with a white sharpmaker stone. Worked well, a little burnishing and the roughness and the pointy edge mellowed out. No cosmetic issues either.

Looks like it takes torx size: T6 for the clip, T8 for the handle, T10 for the pivot.
Found this Wiha torx driver set at Amazon.

Last edited:
Sort of? The price was higher than "street" but south of MSRP. SFO sold out their entire inventory at MSRP (except to a few buyers who were able to walk into the store). I think this will be a hot knife for quite a while. Every one likes CF and S90V, and not everyone wants a Military or a Manix2.

Whot?
:eek: Blasphemy!!!

Haven't played with the tension. I'm going to move the clip so I'll try tightening the bushing screws then. Need to find the right drivers. Roughness appears to be just along the inside corner of the CF. I'll try running a white stone over it and see what happens. Not a deal breaker. ;)

hope you can get it figured out. if not contact spyderco and i'm sure they will make it right or give you some suggestions to try.

Back