Para 2 CF S90V

I think we've reached the point where they can stop making the thumbhole bigger now. That thing's huge. It dwarfs the thumbhole's on my Militaries.

Just got mine and also had slight wobble...and I mean slight.

I adjusted the pivot on both sides and now there is no play in either direction...Spyderco has a winner with this one!

Just got mine and also had slight wobble...and I mean slight.

I adjusted the pivot on both sides and now there is no play in either direction...Spyderco has a winner with this one!

there you go, sounds like a slight adjustment and you should be good to go.

yeehaw, I have officially joined the para 2 S90V party!!! Got my order in with knifecenter. That makes 2 xmas gifts for myself this year yet none for anyone else :D

does anyone have a sage they can snap a side by side picture to compare open and closed size vs the para 2?

edit: or against the para 1?

The horizontal wiggle is not a new subject with the Para 2. But I'm adamant that I can adjust the pivot bushing with some tweaking of the pivot screws by adjusting both pivot screws, one at a time.

I can adjust both of mine to the point that the blade barely opens and I can also loosen it unitl it's like butter but with no side side to side.

I've opted for in the middle. It flies open and swings closed perfectly. It takes a good amount of force to get the side to side but it flys open and swings closed.

I think we've reached the point where they can stop making the thumbhole bigger now. That thing's huge. It dwarfs the thumbhole's on my Militaries.

But the thumb hole is the same size.:confused:
The hole on the para 2 is the same as the Para 1 and the Military and a bunch of others.
Personally, I think we could use a 15mm hole.

But the thumb hole is the same size.:confused:
The hole on the para 2 is the same as the Para 1 and the Military and a bunch of others.
Personally, I think we could use a 15mm hole.

You'd like this one. My Orange Millie lines up with 14mm on my ruler, but the Para2 is out to ~14.5 or a touch more. I'd just as soon have a 13mm hole and a little more steel. My EDC Endura3 looks to be a clean 12mm.

Last edited:
does anyone have a sage they can snap a side by side picture to compare open and closed size vs the para 2?

Don't have the carbon fiber Sage, but I do have the Sage2. Spyderco makes some nice knives.

Last edited:
Mine with edge reprofiled and polished.

DSC_1067.JPG

DSC_1066.JPG

DSC_1071.JPG

DSC_1070.JPG

Very nice, Jim. How did that S90V treat you when reprofiling? Did you notice a different in the effort required?

Well it was easier than M4. :)

It really wasn't too bad, but then I was using the EP with the 120 Grit Silicone Carbide stone.

Don't have the carbon fiber Sage, but I do have the Sage2. Spyderco makes some nice knives.

wow, thanks. there looks to be a lot more of a difference in size "on paper" than in an actual picture side by side. i need to get my hands on a para1 or para2 and see how i like it.

I think it is a good sign that so few of these have popped up on the exchange. I want one!

Back