• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paracord Survival Bracelets

one thing I can think of right away is to help make a bow for firestarting. Other things could be a cord to hang things on to dry, shoe laces if yours break, tieing stuff on your pack or something else, making a snare, as a light rope(say to haul something up a cliff), etc.
ken

ps Eric....I make these too and you do great work. You wouldn't want to go in together on some reflective cord would you?
ken@knivesandlanyards.com

you can tie sticks together with it when fabricating shelter. you can take out a few inner strands and possibly fish with them or use them as a snare. There's lots of nice stuff you can use rope for.

Got mine today. Damn Eric...this thing is really put together. Excellent job, look for future order.
Thanks again.

Larry

BTTT, I'm still making these. They'd make great gifts to put into Easter baskets. ;) Let me know and I'll be happy to make a few for you

:D:D

Can someone tell me what paracord would be used for in a survival situation?
Paracord/cordage can be very important in a survival situation. Paracord is uniquely suited for survival usage, due to its construction: it has a strong, outer sheath that's capable of holding approximately 250 pounds of pressure. Inside the outer sheath are 7 independent strands, each capable of holding approx. 35 pounds. The inner strands can be removed seperately from the cord and used for finer applications. Each inner cord is made of hair-thin fibers and can be unwound to the fibrous state. As a whole unit, one length of paracord has an average tensile strength of 550 pound, hence the "550 cord" moniker.

The question was posed a few months back, but I figure I'll throw out some ideas for paracord usage, anyways:
- very tough boot/shoe laces
- an improvised belt
- a center line for a tarp shelter
- cordage for tying shelter frame together
- tourniquet tie-off
- dental floss (inner strand, unwound into fibers)
- improvised suture material (inner strand, unwound to very small fibers)
- improvised thread for clothing repair (unwound inner strand)
- hanging game animals to drain blood
- improvised backpack strap, should a strap break
- harness for hauling gear
- last-ditch safety line for ascending or descending vertical surfaces
- lanyard for knife/tools
- lanyard for glasses
- corner tie-downs for tarp

Strong, reliable cordage is a very necessary item in the wilds. Paracord is not only strong, but thin, making it very convenient. Its multi-use construction adds to its usefulness. The myriad duties it can perform are limited only to the survivor's imagination :thumbup:

A question for you, Eric -

I assume that the multi-corded bracelets are made from seperate strands of paracord. Given this, is a 2-tone, 8" bracelet made of 2, 4' strands of paracord? I ask because I prefer a single, long strand of 55 (or any cordage) to 2 shorter pieces.

Thanks,
Trout/Zack

Hey Eric, I emailed you both through here at BF as well as through your email that you have listed....

Please let me know if you've not received either of them.

DM

I ordered three of these from Erik about 10 days ago. He made them, shipped them, and I got them in that amount of time. They are great.

They came in a protected envalope with secure closures and just as I ordered. They were a perfect fit, looked great and to my specifications.

He even tossed in a buckle and some extra cord so I could practice on my own.

I would advise anyone to use Erik for this service. He has been nothing but helpful, cool, and giving. I am VERY happy.

EDIT: After much interaction with Erik over e-mail he helped me make my own Paracord Bracelet with the materials he provided. How cool is that? I was very excited to finish my bracelet and proud to wear both kinds.

By the way: Erik sneaks in an extra foot or two of cord by doubling up the underlay of the bracelet. For a Surival Situation - this is a great idea and one I really think makes Erik's bracelet's standout from the kind you make via instructions on the internet (not that those are bad - just different style.)

TF

I just received the one I ordered today. Excellent fit and workmanship. It's a nice chunky bracelet. Thanks Eric, I'll be contacting you again soon.

Got mine today, Thanks Eric, mine is exactly what I wanted. Will contact you soon for a few more.

That was quick, I though it took you 5-7 days to get an order out. No complaining, cant wait to get mine.:D Thanks for making the ordering easy.

email sent on another order. People see these in person and want their own, even my 4 year old daughter wants one.

BTT for a great product.

I'm am caught up with all orders. If you want a bracelet now is a good time to contact me, if you order today I can ship by the end of the week

:D:D

Back