paramilitary 2 sadness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ! I just spent 20 minutes reading through this only to find out in the end it was a legit Spyderco and it was User error and we're expected to believe the "user" never thought he hit a cardboard staple?? I want my 20 minutes back. And the OP needs to start a new thread simply for the purpose of singing the praises of Spydie customer service, and another thread on "how to care for your knife"...

Not only tore the edge off, but took the knife apart!! And STILL Sal hooked him up!!
Makes you wanna go out and buy yet another Spydie.......oh, I did!! Just opened up a brand new Blurple Manix......that's my fourth one.......2 trans blue LWs, all black G10 s30v and the best one....Blurple!!
Huge thumbs up for Sal!
Joe

Christ! I just spent 20 minutes reading through this only to find out in the end it was a legit Spyderco and it was User error and we're expected to believe the "user" never thought he hit a cardboard staple?? I want my 20 minutes back. And the OP needs to start a new thread simply for the purpose of singing the praises of Spydie customer service, and another thread on "how to care for your knife"...

Can't give you back the minutes, sorry. I always figure that if I learned something, it more than pays for the cost of the minutes.,

sal

Can't give you back the minutes, sorry. I always figure that if I learned something, it more than pays for the cost of the minutes.,

sal

We all learned that you are a heck of a guy Sal. Not so sure I would've treated the OP so kindly.

I try to keep in mind that at the other end of the post is a person. A person with all of the daily frustrations that we all have and they come to this forum to enjoy a hobby and share thoughts with like minded people. It should be a pleasant time spent.

sal

I try to keep in mind that at the other end of the post is a person. A person with all of the daily frustrations that we all have and they come to this forum to enjoy a hobby and share thoughts with like minded people. It should be a pleasant time spent.

sal

You are a good person with a great heart Sal. Many founders/ceo/presidents/owners out there could learn from you.

When I look at my Spyderco collection I get extra butterflies thinking I'm supporting a stand up guy(s) and judging by what's coming down the pipe - the collection is about to get bigger :D

Feel good ending to this thread..

I just bought 2 para 2's in satin blade digital camo scales.Both were stiff.The vendor was knifeworks.The pivot had to be loosened to get good action which is a serious fail.Compared to my first black/satin PM2 they were not in the same league.One had poor centering!It was bad...I applied force and "pop" it was suddenly perfectly centered and the action improved.I noted the finish on the blade was superior to my older para 2.Really smooth finish.The old one was not as nice.I am certain the components are superior in fit and finish and put my experience off to final assembly.I was going to gift one to my bro in law but I won't.I know much better paras exist.I am not exactly suffering but I did expect better.FWIW a example in a local field and stream was very stiff too...also in digital camo.

My original PM-2 was PERFECT out of the box.These are not.It should be looked into.As it is I am pleased with my purchase...and I only post this so my friends at Spyderco can address it.My confidence in Sal is very, very high.

The Glessers are fantastic in my experience.

CQI is in full force. This last Para had an impeccably well done edge and I like how the new Para's seem to have less chamfering on the handles.

sal

Just another reminder of why I support you and the whole Spydercrew. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us:thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back