paramilitary 2 sadness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid is as stupid does.

This is more blunt than I usually am on the forums but your words and your actions defy logic and reason. If you ever come to your senses and realize that you really should be disappointed in yourself for buying a fake and not Spyderco for not bailing you out then pick up a genuine Spyderco and see what they are really all about.

My advice is this. If that is the ad that Spydergirl linked then fight it with Ebay or the seller. That is a top rated seller with 100% feedback and a ton of volume. The ad says that the seller will take it back for up to 2 weeks and it also says that Ebay offers a guarantee. Even if that isn't the same ad I would file a complaint with Ebay's conflict resolution center. If all that fails I would throw that knife off a bridge and buy a real one.

There are different types of counterfeiters. There is the ones who sell fakes as fakes for cheap and then there are the ones who try to sell fakes as genuines for full retail. While I hate both the latter is far more damaging because of situations like this. This crap erodes the perceived quality of a brand that tries hard to build its brand around quality. It makes me sick. Counterfeiters are worse than straight thieves. Yuck!

Mod can you please close this forum now?

:rolleyes:

This looks to be the listing. Check out the pics. Link removed by me

Might want to remove the link. Posting live ebay auctions is a no-no. Further, folks who sell fakes on ebay often don't show the pics of the actual item. Pictures cannot be trusted.

Lessons I've learned from this thread.

1) NEVER buy from Spyderco
2) Fakes are very hard to spot.
3) People never cease to amaze me.

They are not hard to spot. Watching a couple videos can make you able to spot the most common PM2 fakes. I did my research on the subject when I bought my PM2. After that I was able to catch a fake at cabelas like a I mentioned earlier. I knew right away it was a fake without ever seeing a fake in person before. Just like when purchasing anything, the consumer must protect them self. Do your research. Buy from a trusted dealer. Even then a fake can slip in. Who would have thought cabelas would have fake knives? Overpriced yes. Fake? No. If you get a fake make sure you can return it. Don't use it until you are sure of its authenticity. And if you do have a problem, act like an adult. Take care of your mistake. Don't have an online melt down.

Last edited:
ok guys, sorry for the whole bashing of spyderco. its just that this was my first spyderco and it turned out to be a fake/lemon. i did contact the seller and he is going to give me a refund. i am going to use that refund to purchase a REAL spyderco from spyderco themselves. i know it sounds like a huge contradiction but you guys are right. i shouldn't hate a whole company because of my own mistakes. i do thank those who ACTUALLY helped me in looking into what a fake is and now i know that i should stick to my other trusted knife stores (knifeworks, bladeHQ, etc.). i will go with a sage 2 and hopefully it will show what a REAL spyderco can do. again, sorry for having a meltdown. i thank almost all of you for helping me. and sal if yo are reading this, i am extremely sorry for denouncing you and your company.

yea no...im just kinda done with spyderco. im not getting my money back and thats it. it was my fault and i may miss out on a good company with this but im never buying from spyderco fake or not. and 120 dollars USD...

Are you done buying knives off eBay? Doing that and sticking with authorized dealers would be the wise move.

Edit: Just read your post above mine. Glad you are getting a refund. Sage 2 is a great choice! I'm sure you'll be satisfied when you have a real Spyderco in the stable.

Hey OP, way to pull yourself up and do the right thing. Getting a fake is definitely no fun and no one wants to hear that that's what they got. Sounds like you've formulated a solid plan and will be the proud owner of a real (and therefore terrific) Spyderco very soon. Good job turning the thread around and good luck with your new knife! I admire your willingness to apologize and admit where you may have been wrong.

When will people learn....

Buy from a reputable dealer. Ebay is not the place to buy. There are at least 10 VERY GOOD online retailers that are all reputable. Trying to save a buck buying from eBay only causes problems.

As mentioned before, that PM2 is a fake. The grind line doesn't even go all the way to the top on the front side above the hole.

ok guys, sorry for the whole bashing of spyderco. its just that this was my first spyderco and it turned out to be a fake/lemon. i did contact the seller and he is going to give me a refund. i am going to use that refund to purchase a REAL spyderco from spyderco themselves. i know it sounds like a huge contradiction but you guys are right. i shouldn't hate a whole company because of my own mistakes. i do thank those who ACTUALLY helped me in looking into what a fake is and now i know that i should stick to my other trusted knife stores (knifeworks, bladeHQ, etc.). i will go with a sage 2 and hopefully it will show what a REAL spyderco can do. again, sorry for having a meltdown. i thank almost all of you for helping me. and sal if yo are reading this, i am extremely sorry for denouncing you and your company.

Great to see you turning this around and doing the right thing! When you get the new knife come back and post up some pictures. We love pictures!

I hope you get to see how great a REAL Spyderco PM2 is, OP. I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's a truly spectacular knife. :)

Well done.

yea, something about that titanium handle is screaming my name!

Sage 2 is one of my absolute favorite Spydies (Taichung beauty). So great I had to have 2 of them. Sage 2 gets equal if not greater pocket time than my PM2.

The only problem with genuine Spyderco knives, is that it's difficult to stop buying them. They are somewhat addictive, highly collectible, and easy to resell if you need cash, or want to trade one for another knife.

I am glad you worked it out. Some sellers on the bay are eager to make problems go away and will just make it right without much fuss, especially if they are moving a ton of fakes. Just out of curiousity, what did the seller say about it being fake? It is up to you if you want to report it but there is a sticky in this subforum for reporting sellers of counterfeits. I'll leave that up to you. The Sage 2 is a slick knife. Enjoy!

I have thoroughly beat the hell out of many Spyderco, including a Para 2. Many had CPM-S30V as their blade steel. I have cut hundreds of feet through cardboard, stripped heavy insulation for electrical cable, and cut zip ties. I have never seen s30v react like yours. My opinion is that it is probably a counterfeit. I know you said you checked it but when this is your first Spyderco you are not going to be able to tell like someone with lots of hands on with the real thing. My suggestion is buy from a reputable, forum supporting dealer or a member here. You have a pretty low chance of something going wrong, and it will be handled if an issue does arise.

Glad to hear it is getting resolved. Sorry you had to learn an expensive lesson. Once you get your hands on a real Spyderco you will understand our passion for the brand and protecting its reputation by being über-vigilant against fakes and sellers of fakes. Hope you have a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back