• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Patriot Leather

Hi, my name's Forrest. That's my face in my Avatar. What was that about anonymity? LOL

Also, your attempt at shaming people for calling a situation what it is is unwarranted. We have a seller in here who has essentially made it clear that he's not interested in getting a customer sorted out, so that customer has had to resort to filing a complaint. I've bought and sold many things on Ebay, here, and other places, and I've never had a complaint filed against me of any kind. Wonder why that might be?

Oh, right, I don't treat people like doing business with me is an exalted privilege. There's a lesson for others in there somewhere.

No shaming intended, Forrest ("What was that about anonymity? LOL" My response would be "Forest who?" I did not laugh at you, Forrest. Yet you laugh at me. Hmmmm, "There's a lesson for others in there somewhere."). Pleased to meet you. See, this is what I meant by how easy it is to misinterpret online communication.

I will accept that the problem is my communication, and I meant no offense - as clearly stated.

Yes, I understand the attitude seen here from Skyler. Tried to say something, accurate in this instance or not, about how this sort of thing can happen and degenerate.

I still don't understand how name-calling helps here - or anywhere. Acknowledging that a party is/was being rude, how does it help to be rude in kind? Cannot one's point be clearly made without it?

Take care, Forrest. I mean it. Not trying to start a fight. I like it here at BF. I expect you do as well.

Fourth listing to populate when Google searching Patriot Leather is a BladeForums thread (not exactly flattering to PL).

This forum has fueled many purchases of products in this industry.

I’m actually quite disappointed in how Patriot Leather has chosen to conduct themself here.

To align your business ethic with the likes of Survive is even more disappointing.

No shaming intended, Forrest ("What was that about anonymity? LOL" My response would be "Forest who?" I did not laugh at you, Forrest. Yet you laugh at me. Hmmmm, "There's a lesson for others in there somewhere."). Pleased to meet you. See, this is what I meant by how easy it is to misinterpret online communication.

I will accept that the problem is my communication, and I meant no offense - as clearly stated.

Yes, I understand the attitude seen here from Skyler. Tried to say something, accurate in this instance or not, about how this sort of thing can happen and degenerate.

I still don't understand how name-calling helps here - or anywhere. Acknowledging that a party is/was being rude, how does it help to be rude in kind? Cannot one's point be clearly made without it?

Take care, Forrest. I mean it. Not trying to start a fight. I like it here at BF. I expect you do as well.

Listen, please take your attempt at obfuscation elsewhere. I AM laughing, because I directly disproved your assertion and insinuation that people would only use such terminology when hiding behind a veil of internet anonymity. Well, I'm not. The only one who appears to be misinterpreting anything is you. My recommendation is that you go back and read this entire thread one more time. The seller, SkyStorm is making it clear that he's not interested in making sure his customers are whole. That is not worth defending, or obfuscating. Two moderators have responded in this thread, making it clear what side of this they're on. If they had an issue with my comments, they would make it known. Your "disappointed father" schtick isn't going to fly here.

Defending sellers who are being d-bags isn't a great way to "not start a fight".

Unhappy customers, inaccurate orders, mistakes, attitudes, expectations, and forgetting things sometimes is all part of being a business owner. Get over yourself, it’s the cost of doing business. Make it right and move on, choose not to deal with that person anymore if it’s that big of an issue. That’s what a good, honest business owner does. There will be times a person has to step up and stand firm, but this is far from one of those times. You’re just huffing and puffing on the internet making yourself look stupid, and making your business look amateur at best. And to have the nerve to mention other thieves and scammers to even suggest they’re doing “so much better” without bladeforums just shows how deep in your feelings you are about this thread. Grab yourself some tissue, wipe those tears, man the F up, make it right and move on. Anything less says everything about you as a man, or lack thereof.

Im not hiding behind a keyboard. I would love nothing more than to explain that to you, albeit a bit less respectfully, to your face. Do you have a storefront we can visit, so we can see how wildly successful you are and how much business you do? You’ve got to have a constant line around the corner the way you talk.

Are you addressing me, BP? I am who my name states. I am not currently in business, if you must know - not sure what that has to do with it. The insults? BTW, I agree with much of what you said about the business owner based on the post, albeit without the animosity and corresponding tone/words.

Feel free to PM me if you want to do as you suggest above. I will provide my phone number if you are not local to me so you can express yourself as you say.

I made a decision years ago to simply call out lack of civility. I believe it is a personable responsibility in our society in order to help right the ship in this regard. That's all that is intended. I find it sad that doing so seems to generate even more vitriol.

You don't like me, the way I do things or the fact that I won't roll over every time someone says boo then never do business with us. It really is that simple. There are over 8 billion other people in the world to choose from.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths I will never do business with you.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths it is unfortunate you have zero customer care.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths you have horrible communication.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths I had no idea about the original transaction and you may have been right as rain, but you came in here with attacks when you could have easily diffused things.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths it is unfortunate you are so uncaring about potential customers.

Listen, please take your attempt at obfuscation elsewhere. I AM laughing, because I directly disproved your assertion and insinuation that people would only use such terminology when hiding behind a veil of internet anonymity. Well, I'm not. The only one who appears to be misinterpreting anything is you. My recommendation is that you go back and read this entire thread one more time. The seller, SkyStorm is making it clear that he's not interested in making sure his customers are whole. That is not worth defending, or obfuscating. Two moderators have responded in this thread, making it clear what side of this they're on. If they had an issue with my comments, they would make it known. Your "disappointed father" schtick isn't going to fly here.

Defending sellers who are being d-bags isn't a great way to "not start a fight".

I am defending no one. I simply said I had a good experience long ago. More insults and name calling when none was given. I see.

PM me if you wish. No need to carry on like this publicly.

I am defending no one. I simply said I had a good experience long ago. More insults and name calling when none was given. I see.

PM me if you wish. No need to carry on like this publicly.

Not interested, I appreciate the clarification. "I had a good experience, and want people to stop speaking poorly of this bad businessman, so I'll come in and condescend to them with the disappointed parent routine."

Cool. Good deal. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this thread is about Patriot Leather treating customers poorly, and that customer is going to have to be made whole by Ebay.

Are you addressing me, BP? I am who my name states. I am not currently in business, if you must know - not sure what that has to do with it. The insults? BTW, I agree with much of what you said about the business owner based on the post, albeit without the animosity and corresponding tone/words.

Feel free to PM me if you want to do as you suggest above. I will provide my phone number if you are not local to me so you can express yourself as you say.

I made a decision years ago to simply call out lack of civility. I believe it is a personable responsibility in our society in order to help right the ship in this regard. That's all that is intended. I find it sad that doing so seems to generate even more vitriol.

If I have something to say to you, I will tag you in my post and address you personally. Let’s hop off the sensitivity train and focus on the fact that this thread is not about you, has nothing to do with you, and only the comments directed at you have been quoted so you would know for sure.

As far as challenging me, I’m in Kansas City. Shoot me a number if you’ve got personal issues. We can work those out immediately. :thumbsup:

Not interested, I appreciate the clarification. "I had a good experience, and want people to stop speaking poorly of this bad businessman, so I'll come in and condescend to them with the disappointed parent routine."

Anyway, this thread is about Patriot Leather treating customers poorly, and that customer is going to have to be made whole by Ebay.

Purposely misstating my message and intent, or so it seems. I was clear enough. I know you understand. "Not interested . . ." - I figured as much. This will be my last post here regardless of public response.

Best to y'all.

If I have something to say to you, I will tag you in my post and address you personally. Let’s hop off the sensitivity train and focus on the fact that this thread is not about you, has nothing to do with you, and only the comments directed at you have been quoted so you would know for sure.

As far as challenging me, I’m in Kansas City. Shoot me a number if you’ve got personal issues. We can work those out immediately. :thumbsup:

My mistake then. Truly sorry and no, I did not intend to challenge you - rather I thought I was addressing the reverse. My point, actually.

I said I was done here. I broke that. I will try to move on and go back to a more civil sub-forum.

The part I find entertaining is how this guy is acting like Ebay won't be siding with the buyer. That dude is definitely going to be getting his money back, and if I were him, I'd leave a comment as negative feedback (that you are unable to reciprocate LOL) to come see this thread. These days, smart Ebayers DO look at Feedback. Once they see the d-baggish nature of the comments here, this will absolutely cost you sales.

But hey, you do you, man.
Anyway, this thread is about Patriot Leather treating customers poorly, and that customer is going to have to be made whole by eBay
Perhaps you're a little too focused on your pissing contest, but the OP never said - or even suggested - that this was an eBay transaction. If it was, I think a complaint there would have been his first recourse after Patriot Leather stopped responding to him. eBay was only mentioned earlier as a possible contact option.

Really sad to see all this going on. Skystorm makes an awesome sheath. Way back before patriot leather was the company name I bought some sheaths for my Becker’s and a few esee’s. I wish sky would give his side of the story.

Why not explain to the op a new sheath was on the way or some sort of communication would go a long way. Why ghost him or straight up ignore a customer.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. That's what happens when you're too busy trying to be the internet tough guy and foaming at the mouth.
I'll break it down barney style for you, hopefully you can make it through both points.

OP did not purchase through Ebay.
OP's refund is pending and expected to clear 6-15 according to Paypal. I called to push them along and was rebuffed.

Stay in school people. :rolleyes:

Really sad to see all this going on. Skystorm makes an awesome sheath. Way back before patriot leather was the company name I bought some sheaths for my Becker’s and a few esee’s. I wish sky would give his side of the story.

Why not explain to the op a new sheath was on the way or some sort of communication would go a long way. Why ghost him or straight up ignore a customer.

This

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. That's what happens when you're too busy trying to be the internet tough guy and foaming at the mouth.
I'll break it down barney style for you, hopefully you can make it through both points.

OP's refund is pending and expected to clear 6-15 according to Paypal. I called to push them along and was rebuffed.

Yep, folks. Stay in school so you don't fail out and then start a super small business in an industry already packed with actually quality people, and then shoot yourself in the foot in an extreme display of arrogance and pride.

Let's be clear, you make leather sheathes, and so do a ton of other folks, all of whom I would give business before I'll give you a dime. The best part is that thanks to you showing your ass here, so will plenty of other folks.

Patriot Storm is a bad company to do business with, let's gooooo Google Search!

:)

I agree.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths seems to be a terrible business to deal with.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths seems to have terrible customer service.

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths, I thought you were done with this thread?

Patriot Leather Knife Sheaths has terrible customer interaction.

Closed.

We've completed our review of this case and decided in favor of your buyer. Per your authorization, we deducted the full transaction amount from your PayPal account. This case is now closed and no further action is required on your part.

We refunded $79.90 USD to them.

Transaction Details

Case number: PP-D-70159705

Buyer's name: Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

I have been trying to remain very matter-of-fact in my postings in here, despite the fact that I have to come to really dislike Skyler's online persona. He is abrupt with his outside communication if/when he bothers to answer queries and he can turn plain rude with a very short fuse. His style is one of conflation, conflagration, equivocation and hurling insults when faced with accountability.

I have never attempted to question his craftsmanship and from what I've heard from a friend who used to do sheaths as hobby, Skyler himself used to make good sheaths. When I contacted him on the Big Auction Site years ago before I even knew this place existed, he used to have 100% positive feedback. I would not have bothered to give the guy a second look or ask him a question if he had the current level of negatives on that Site. The whole saga pivots on his extremely poor business attitude from what is clearly on display on here. It does not leave room for much speculation that since he made you those awesome sheaths as you claim and from the time when I had come across him on that Site, things have been gradually going south. Sometimes a business expansion and taking on too much does that to folks. This very place (GBU) is littered with previously supposed good craftsmen who suddenly went totally bad. Stuff happens!

I don't want to see the guy crushed, threatened, bullied, crucified so to speak. He does a fine job of digging a deeper hole as he speaks and as he posts. The whole purpose of such threads is to serve as cautionary tales. Grow the eff up and act like the astute businessman who accepts who you claim to be by accepting responsibilities for both yourself and your employees if that had screwed up. Tis all.

Back