• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Patriot Leather

I've been in business 10 years and employ 8 people, we seem to do just fine without Bladeforums, or any other forum for that matter.

All the OP did was ask advice or if anyone had had a similar experience. He only wanted what he already paid for.....5+ months before, or a response, or a refund. All you had to do was communicate with him. Any person in business knows you have to communicate if you can't meet your end. It blows my mind you come in with arrogance when all he was doing was asking advice.
You said, "its not anybody's business", but the OP made it everyones business, only because YOU didn't communicate, its your own fault you got undesirable attention, and you know it.

I don't anyone that would wait anywhere near that long for most service/product fulfillment.

If you think exposure like this, and you acting like you arent responsible, and having an "I'm a TOOL" attitude won't affect your business, you're wrong. It has nothing to do with this forum, or any forum specifically. It has to do with people researching what they're buying and from whom. Ripples in the "knife community" as a whole can and does cause waves.

Lots of other REALLY GOOD leather benders out there.

Been awhile since I seen someone light their own dumpster fire and hop in it. Good grief man, admit you acted like a dick and apologize. This behavior won't benefit you. We all act a fool occasionally, owning it and making amends is the right thing to do.

Been awhile since I seen someone light their own dumpster fire and hop in it. Good grief man, admit you acted like a dick and apologize. This behavior won't benefit you. We all act a fool occasionally, owning it and making amends is the right thing to do.

Amen! Bladeforums, if you want a nice custom leather sheath made, contact @Makael, he is a member here, nice guy, answers PMs in a timely manner and makes an incredible leather sheath with a short turn around time. What's to lose?

CMWQ0De.jpg

ZIAV0dS.jpg

Added:
----------------------------------------------
Case ID: PP-D-70159705

The buyer reported that the item they received wasn't as described. We’ve placed a hold on the transaction amount until this case is closed.

You escalated to PayPal

We've received the buyer's info

We're reviewing the info

Estimated case resolution: Jun 15
-----------------------------------------------

Enjoy the pile on kids, I don't believe it will make Paypal move any faster since they are required to manually review not as described claims, but it is fun to read all the self righteous drivel regurgitated over and over by the same few people.

I know the regulars of this particular sub forum like to think themselves the center of the knife related universe when in reality your just a double handful of idiots who like to refresh the forum every six minutes hoping for something else to stick a self important long winded opinion into.

If a Mod wants to ban me, then by all means please do so. The transaction has absolutely nothing to do with Bladeforums and my business, nor anyone else's, is not subject to the rules of an internet forum. The information was posted as a courtesy only.

I've been in business 10 years and employ 8 people, we seem to do just fine without Bladeforums, or any other forum for that matter.
Another keyboard warrior. I remember
First post on this Sub-F, but been active a few/many years now elsewhere on BF.

First, if I may, this is so unfortunate.

When Skyler/Patriot was Skystorm, I ordered several custom sheaths from him. This was years ago now. They were and are some of the best leather I have ever had and used (and that goes back to the late '70's). Additionally, it was a pleasure to deal with him and I received what I ordered, on time, as promised, and as said of excellent quality.

I hate - just hate - the net and social media at times (as well as txts and even email) so very much for the reason that it is so easy to be misinterpreted/read into messages/posts without the cues provided by in-person or even telephonic communication. From there it is so often the case that things can go down hill. I don't know what happened exactly here, and I am certainly not blaming the OP based on what is known in this thread, but once name calling begins it is very difficult for many, if not most, people to "back down." I note that the OP did not name call.

One can say that the onus to inform, de-escalate, and be cordial is on the business owner, and I respect that and have those sympathies. Been there myself, so I speak from experience.

All that said, I don't like what I am hearing and it is all so unfortunate. I do hope things can somehow be turned around.
It's unfortunate that the OP was cheated by this douchebag and had to go through all of this trouble. Keep in mind that not everyone just files a claim and makes a post on a forum when they are cheated out of hard earned money and treated like crap by arrogant assholes. Sometimes karma has a way of bringing the problem right in front of you. Skyler wouldn't be the first to have his keyboard warrior mentality knocked out of him. Sooner or later he'll cheat, or mouth off to the wrong person that isn't as nice as most of us here at BF.

Fourth listing to populate when Google searching Patriot Leather is a BladeForums thread (not exactly flattering to PL).

This forum has fueled many purchases of products in this industry.

I’m actually quite disappointed in how Patriot Leather has chosen to conduct themself here.

To align your business ethic with the likes of Survive is even more disappointing.
Patriot Leather and Survive!Knives. You know what they say about birds of a feather............
Two really shitty companies run by really terrible, rude, possibly criminal people that have zero issues in lying to their customers.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. That's what happens when you're too busy trying to be the internet tough guy and foaming at the mouth.
I'll break it down barney style for you, hopefully you can make it through both points.

OP did not purchase through Ebay.
OP's refund is pending and expected to clear 6-15 according to Paypal. I called to push them along and was rebuffed.

Stay in school people. :rolleyes:
You really are just a total dick aren't you?

Yep, folks. Stay in school so you don't fail out and then start a super small business in an industry already packed with actually quality people, and then shoot yourself in the foot in an extreme display of arrogance and pride.

Let's be clear, you make leather sheathes, and so do a ton of other folks, all of whom I would give business before I'll give you a dime. The best part is that thanks to you showing your ass here, so will plenty of other folks.

Patriot Storm is a bad company to do business with, let's gooooo Google Search!

:)
I wouldn't give Patriot Leather a nickel either.

A lot of smoke and mirrors covering up the main question...

Why was the Op forced to go through the PayPal refund process? Why wouldn’t Patriot Leather just refund him or send him the correct sheath? A PayPal refund is a back up to poor customer service; not the desired solution for a customer.

Forced to guess due to zero explanation.. another example of... let’s ignore the problem and hope the customer gives up. No bueno.

A lot of smoke and mirrors covering up the main question...

Why was the Op forced to go through the PayPal refund process? Why wouldn’t Patriot Leather just refund him or send him the correct sheath? A PayPal refund is a back up to poor customer service; not the desired solution for a customer.

Forced to guess due to zero explanation.. another example of... let’s ignore the problem and hope the customer gives up. No bueno.

I purchased two scout style sheaths with a neat spring loaded type quick release thumb strap 8-9 years ago. Beautiful, awesome sheaths at that time. It's a shame over the years to see the customer service evolve to this type of behavior. I've been on the forums since the beginning and the beginning of other forums that are no longer around. It was always sad to see many talents self-destruct online.
It's anybody's guess why PayPal had to get involved for something that should have been resolved by Patriot leather

I've been on the forums since the beginning and the beginning of other forums that are no longer around. It was always sad to see many talents self-destruct online.
It's anybody's guess why PayPal had to get involved for something that should have been resolved by Patriot leather

There is NO excuse for this type of horrible customer service. :thumbsdown: Regardless- what find absolutely mind boggling, is this all could've been simply avoided, had PL communicated better, & issued a $79 refund.
All of this, over $79 freaking dollars?!?!?! :confused: o_O :rolleyes:

We've completed our review of this case and decided in favor of your buyer. Per your authorization, we deducted the full transaction amount from your PayPal account. This case is now closed and no further action is required on your part.
We refunded $79.90 USD to them.
Transaction Details
Case number: PP-D-70159705

Another keyboard warrior. I remember

It's unfortunate that the OP was cheated by this douchebag and had to go through all of this trouble. Keep in mind that not everyone just files a claim and makes a post on a forum when they are cheated out of hard earned money and treated like crap by arrogant assholes. Sometimes karma has a way of bringing the problem right in front of you. Skyler wouldn't be the first to have his keyboard warrior mentality knocked out of him. Sooner or later he'll cheat, or mouth off to the wrong person that isn't as nice as most of us here at BF.

Dear Sir,
Are you addressing me above wherein you quote my post and use a slur in so doing? I attempted to send you a PM in order to ask for clarification, and if that was the case, address this.
Please PM me.
Kind rgds,
Ken

There is NO excuse for this type of horrible customer service. :thumbsdown: Regardless- what find absolutely mind boggling, is this all could've been simply avoided, had PL communicated better, & issued a $79 refund.
All of this, over $79 freaking dollars?!?!?! :confused: o_O :rolleyes:

We've completed our review of this case and decided in favor of your buyer. Per your authorization, we deducted the full transaction amount from your PayPal account. This case is now closed and no further action is required on your part.
We refunded $79.90 USD to them.
Transaction Details

Case number: PP-D-70159705

Agreed, would have been simpler to ship replacement or refund such an insignificant amount to avoid the drama

Dear Sir,
Are you addressing me above wherein you quote my post and use a slur in so doing? I attempted to send you a PM in order to ask for clarification, and if that was the case, address this.
Please PM me.
Kind rgds,
Ken
Ken, my apologies for the confusion. That was directed at Patriot Leather. I'd had a similar conversation with him in the past. I don't even remember why now since he's not important enough to remember but I do remember he was a dbag in the comms and is the typical tough talker online. A keyboard warrior, if you will. :D

Dear Sir,
Please PM me.
Kind rgds,
Ken
Your inbox is full.

Your inbox is full.

Thank you, Hale Storm. I think yours was, too; hence my message here.
I really appreciate that clarification. I have a hard time fully grasping intent/message without in-person cues. A failing on my part.
I, too, along with all of you, am very bothered by Skyler’s unprofessional communications here.

Sorry if you feel my responses to a known Survive! shill are dbaggy.

FYI, Don't confuse a keyboard warrior with someone who simply won't take your shit. Keyboard warriors, Like Quiet, are the ones always running their mouth about what they will supposedly do or say in person. Of course getting them to show up and actually do just that seems to prove rather difficult for some reason, but they will go on long and loudly about it.

FYI, Don't confuse a keyboard warrior with someone who simply won't take your shit. Keyboard warriors, Like Quiet, are the ones always running their mouth about what they will supposedly do or say in person. Of course getting them to show up and actually do just that seems to prove rather difficult for some reason, but they will go on long and loudly about it.

I don’t think that is the point of this thread. The OP started the thread due to the customer service, or lack thereof for his sheath purchased through Skystorm.

Hey we all make mistakes. Fix em and move on. It’s what you do after those mistakes that counts.

Ironic then, that the "keyboard warriors" around here is what actually helped get your ex-customer their proper dues...

"I woulda got away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!!"

Back