Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

The Three Stooges, Top "Double Black" Canvas, Middle "Burlap", and Black Ghost G10
EDIT: Got a pair of "Double Red" Canvas coming:thumbsup:Might switch the Burlap Handles to the "Double Red"
IYAysuG.jpg

y1HMAmQ.jpg

Last edited:
I sent Stuart Branson a UFK and and HDFK for sheaths, and I'll post them up when done. He does great work, and I'd be happy to send him my OG FK so he can fit a sheath up for you or anyone else who wants one
Rad - thanks for that offer, Lorien! I'm excited to see what he puts together for you. Does Stuart strictly do leather work?

I was considering reaching out to Eric (MashedCat) to see if he'd be willing to do another batch of FK kydex as well, if I send my knife to him.

Any others interested in getting a FK1 Kydex sheath?

Rad - thanks for that offer, Lorien! I'm excited to see what he puts together for you. Does Stuart strictly do leather work?

I was considering reaching out to Eric (MashedCat) to see if he'd be willing to do another batch of FK kydex as well, if I send my knife to him.

I would most certainly take advantage of this...

I'd be in for taco.

I would most certainly take advantage of this...
I'd be in for taco.
I just sent him an inquiry about this. I'll let y'all know if/when I hear back.

Stu bends leather only
Good to know - his leatherwork is pretty incredible! I'm excited to see what he has in the works for you. Though, I am partial to Grog's leather good'ness, it is always good to see other talent and skilled craftsman making custom "protective artwork" for these blades. They deserve nothing but the BEST!

Scored my first Field Knife (FK1) for a pretty good deal on AZCK.

D3V, TeroTuf with Black Micarta liners, which are a perfect combo for this blade. All go and some show.

Fantastic design and size for a utilitarian blade like this. I don't know why I hadn't picked on up yet, but it is a perfect in-between blade for the EDC and HDFK. This will likely be my new all-arounder camping/hiking blade. Just a perfect size and blade profile for it.
mqpXtQqA4DyUqIFlPuIRKqZCli8V_WtgBEbOLcGcFp26-Pj7b3bvuJnOsKZC596d7oMy2IMcJiuLwPFKgt2Kq6J05C4oZyHEg-Seusi8YshqkWVBvtfl2scqoSEEMlvYv1trqFymxxxj_LHl5AvxCPP2MoiYcFOohcRVgTmCGITaRrIvCc0FV6_ndnzDZ5JhKMzgzO3ZzwBqHfFYxlULCTx3Gu4XBXToC8FPWm2beqgaW7eDuwXObUCQfXmnXmKawjovfeMsIOEybEU-2joZUe_5N54Wia8SWMmjeAsBk-3L18WmImKuZWPpDDsenUQmPbfSQ_aNkglNz39-L3plxPAG09wcfsGukPQHTUiIMnZioJTGEM9YaxwxH8tL8hPFjJlex5D91fDnmFUVN1k7HiaBI0D9ytXUjbG-0DDRA8OcKCdHwVWqge2XwKibgUSmhDBhqHT-Km2k7MvDBPS-Rg0gKw5bvJ-aQmKGz0TMoXKl6sLBm0_3lkKNhYtoOsPreTU4ovpzNTmrJ7KlB0JPTFaStwg7_iNye6SjXroqkpuwkJI0d8MYiXyPOazP4Kk9W8hf92gH8NwC37HJWwmkOL_PQ5Z1GyiF0e-wo_Gorpj6fA3NPl2COrdrqtg7OOjHgWhRlxthk87fdZsVv8evwOyBg4IvYBpYMrVAOtq6BqM_o59L7egXNr-i8fdlAWFIMtDattOvKpJsv5VpcGtNwchffA=w2573-h1930-no

I'm not a huge fan of this original sheath, as I think it could be a little less bulky and I'd prefer a different clip and carry options for it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a (different) kydex sheath for the FK1? Taco style, with options for dangler and/or Teklok?

I've been very pleased with my sheaths from Azwelke and Mashedcat. I know Al is still making sheaths for that pattern but I don't think Eric is.

Nice score on the FK. I had no idea CPK ever offered TeroTuf as a handle option on that model. It looks great and oh so practical on a using knife. I’ll have to start a search for TT handle set for my FK.

Good luck with your replacement kydex sheath project. I went with some fancy leather from Chad Pirtle for mine otherwise I would be in on one of Eric’s sheaths.

Phil

Nice score on the FK. I had no idea CPK ever offered TeroTuf as a handle option on that model. It looks great and oh so practical on a using knife. I’ll have to start a search for TT handle set for my FK.

Good luck with your replacement kydex sheath project. I went with some fancy leather from Chad Pirtle for mine otherwise I would be in on one of Eric’s sheaths.

Phil

Phil, there were very very few of those in TT and also in another very rare form which I think was called "denim" IIRC. Here is the ACK photo to drool over and major props to BensonX for the heads up:

190507-16122.jpg

I didn't want to post a link to this transaction and ACK because I don't think that they are a supporting dealer of Blade Forums and the above photo is merely meant as reference. For those who may not want to look this one up on their own, the knife was incorrectly described and listed as: Utility Field Knife (FK2!) with G10/Micarta handle scales. Additionally for a typically high mark-up reseller like ACK, the FK was priced very reasonably!

Again, major 'grats to Benson :thumbsup:

Phil

Phil, there were very very few of those in TT and also in another very rare form which I think was called "denim" IIRC. Here is the ACK photo to drool over and major props to BensonX for the heads up:

190507-16122.jpg

I didn't want to post a link to this transaction and ACK because I don't think that they are a supporting dealer of Blade Forums and the above photo is merely meant as reference. For those who may not want to look this one up on their own, the knife was incorrectly described and listed as: Utility Field Knife (FK2!) with G10/Micarta handle scales. Additionally for a typically high mark-up reseller like ACK, the FK was priced very reasonably!

Again, major 'grats to Benson :thumbsup:

Thank you Phil and Matty! The knife pictured above is the same one I had purchased (from AZCK); I received an email alert from them about a newly received CPK and spent about 2 minutes deliberating and being confused by the description (FK2??? G10 over Micarta???), but I agree that the price was very reasonable and I hadn't yet seen a TeroTuf version, plus it was one of the last batches with the Delta HT, so I jumped on it. Very glad I was able to score on this blade, as it is another prime example of CPK history and just a fantastic knife all-around! Still wondering why I had it my mind that "I don't need a Field Knife". :confused:

Also - untytled untytled & trevitrace trevitrace , I received a reply back from Eric (MashedCat). He is pretty swamped right now, but he is willing to get some sheaths made up for the FK. He advised that it will be about 5 weeks before he can start on the sheaths (which is not a problem for me). I had requested a Taco style sheath, but I'm sure he would be able to make a pancake style as well. I will let him know that I will be sending the FK to him this week, and he can take his time.

Not sure if I should start a whole new thread to gain more exposure, or see if anyone else may be interested in a sheath while he is making them for this pattern, but I let him know there's (at least) 3 of us that would buy one. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/feedback, otherwise I will let you both know once he has received the FK and is ready to get sheaths made up (again, it may be 5+ weeks before he starts on them).

Thank you Phil and Matty! The knife pictured above is the same one I had purchased (from AZCK); I received an email alert from them about a newly received CPK and spent about 2 minutes deliberating and being confused by the description (FK2??? G10 over Micarta???), but I agree that the price was very reasonable and I hadn't yet seen a TeroTuf version, plus it was one of the last batches with the Delta HT, so I jumped on it. Very glad I was able to score on this blade, as it is another prime example of CPK history and just a fantastic knife all-around! Still wondering why I had it my mind that "I don't need a Field Knife". :confused:

Also - untytled untytled & trevitrace trevitrace , I received a reply back from Eric (MashedCat). He is pretty swamped right now, but he is willing to get some sheaths made up for the FK. He advised that it will be about 5 weeks before he can start on the sheaths (which is not a problem for me). I had requested a Taco style sheath, but I'm sure he would be able to make a pancake style as well. I will let him know that I will be sending the FK to him this week, and he can take his time.

Not sure if I should start a whole new thread to gain more exposure, or see if anyone else may be interested in a sheath while he is making them for this pattern, but I let him know there's (at least) 3 of us that would buy one. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/feedback, otherwise I will let you both know once he has received the FK and is ready to get sheaths made up (again, it may be 5+ weeks before he starts on them).

You did well Ben-Son ;)

Not surprised that Eric is swamped because he's probably working around the clock for CPK's MC and HDMC preorder fulfillment's and pretty much with the exception of the EDC pattern, he's now commissioned to do everything else :thumbsup:

You may also wanna check with Al (AZWelke) to see if he has anything for the OG-FK, just a thought.

You did well Ben-Son ;)

Not surprised that Eric is swamped because he's probably working around the clock for CPK's MC and HDMC preorder fulfillment's and pretty much with the exception of the EDC pattern, he's now commissioned to do everything else :thumbsup:

You may also wanna check with Al (AZWelke) to see if he has anything for the OG-FK, just a thought.

Thank you, Master Matty!
giphy.gif

Yes - Al is still making them for the FK1 as well -BUT- I am getting a sheath for the MC from MashedCat so I figured I'd get one made-up for the FK and have them shipped together. I love both Al and Eric's work, both equally awesome sheathmakers.

....and here's a pic of my EDC3 to keep this thread moving! :D
FS3kWq9OzYXhQDuJtSAWiNF-glUrespZLqRo_fMZLR0ZxZXifaMdz4K992NQExw9E6m4abWBl6jOiJ5D3NcB1be2avgsVGt0L7ilMtrTTNr1GJ2aPJY4oIcoZPie6CoU33UQ5PnqeP8ID5KjERQJJ8OtMIH3ycKK3IX-UWxvPqdV5Y4wmGi9GHOH5BzalAetENQqoPOWMuayocknn3EwxWv3B21pQYdyX9KDOgKkDgUGxeGU4tlGczApH8pjJQ0fXNUlk1Sx7a7pmj9bkll9YfXi6A5Husn3DPKFUEm8sL-t-8oJvYpftK8krQkKFCPBHjvf-oJTlgQvPYdDk9CmZh9At8UZYDOX0ClqlsSSSHkRiLqs6LHKf0zjKZh2ytq-yBwOHJfBWCgggI7PBkfwJ9kOfLagEIw_YFOBBuFZXrB1ZrG61Me-PatWFXokycmmGKFpvOkiZajFN3VKhVVyndnurntfmS0R0_RKmVVqPoTgNIwbYLQ2A1cMoN_1HaQh4M_oWfteLfQUKJadvodQmA5GzoShq8lQQPYlZhQC9LBm7l2kNYzzXH-YaSyX-beetOIOtMRQEI2GCMNLmTXdId2vqkj29HtIophZKfuufOQNe0Jpwfc8ck2FiUV81WvRLrM4Hl7SH_3rJGZwpGqVpD9WOrMw_SvO=w703-h937-no

One of my favorite morel/spring mushroom spots is overrun with black locust so I bring the LC to clear the occasional path. We got 2+ inches over the weekend and this spot runs along a river. Wasn't able to check the first spot at all and had to turn around multiple times at the other because I found myself surrounded by flooded woods.

8JbhTil.jpg

BIr1m9x.jpg

Not a very productive day mushroom wise but at least I didn't get skunked. :thumbsup:

Back