Pictures you took while you should have been working

Ha atleast they plugged into a gfci. That looks like the old "farmer special" around these parts.

I got a doozy to show you guys. Next time i go over there i have to remember to take a picture.

That’s funny you say that bc a farmer does own the place

Well hey the grain structure looks pretty dang good at least. About what I'd expect from particle metallurgy.

I'm preeeetty sure there was a series of grain boundary growth from when you zapped the blade pretty good. I think I can see a bit of that, even. I'm thinking that weakened it significantly, beyond just the reduction of cross sectional area.

I'm excited to see a razel sebenza for the first time though :D

Well hey the grain structure looks pretty dang good at least. About what I'd expect from particle metallurgy.

I'm preeeetty sure there was a series of grain boundary growth from when you zapped the blade pretty good. I think I can see a bit of that, even. I'm thinking that weakened it significantly, beyond just the reduction of cross sectional area.

I'm excited to see a razel sebenza for the first time though :D
You and me both. Im looking forward to it, really am
A0E89A10-D860-4AE6-913A-B4379EEE5415.jpeg

Oh yeah that's definitely what did it. That shock vastly changed your crystal structure in that area, and that dark spot is where it got it the worst. Your grains are still relatively small, but the boundaries between them look to have grown a whole lot there.

Good thing there's little to no more of that dark stuff left in the rest of the blade. I'm pretty sure that that's what caused the steel to weaken so much.

I'd be interested to see a top view of that bit, looking down along the break line.

Oh yeah that's definitely what did it. That shock vastly changed your crystal structure in that area, and that dark spot is where it got it the worst. Your grains are still relatively small, but the boundaries between them look to have grown a whole lot there.

Good thing there's little to no more of that dark stuff left in the rest of the blade. I'm pretty sure that that's what caused the steel to weaken so much.

I'd be interested to see a top view of that bit, looking down along the break line.
I’ll try to get you a picture of that top view. Trying to get some good lighting
DA6EB04A-B5F0-4768-82AD-31F1F0A2552F.jpeg

After doing some fiber optic splicing, decided to snap a pic of the XM.
xmwork1.jpg

IJgXwNB.jpg

So last time I posted in this thread, I told my supervisor to give me his knife for the pic. This time I got 2 of his knives. The 511 on top is his and the third which I have no idea what number it is. The Eldris is mine and the 711 belongs to another co-worker.

The "elf door"? I don't really know much about it. Apparently they are hidden in quite a few places nearby.

The Elf Door!! Hahahahaha

Is that a thing, these days?

Back