Pictures you took while you should have been working

Todays work knife

20201215-111634.jpg

That's not a hot structure you're poking at, is it? That's just from induction?

Not hot, we demoed an old air blast breaker. I was cutting the old bus out and it's under 500Kv power lines. LOTS of induced voltage. I think I was about 20 feet away from them, give or take. Big magnetic field.

If that Corona ring had 500Kv on it I'd be a crispy critter!

Not hot, we demoed an old air blast breaker. I was cutting the old bus out and it's under 500Kv power lines. LOTS of induced voltage. I think I was about 20 feet away from them, give or take. Big magnetic field.

If that Corona ring had 500Kv on it I'd be a crispy critter!
Yeah that was my thought lol, definitely crispy.

I've seen induced charges here and there, but not unintentional ones out in the wild. That's very cool!

That's just a reminder for people to be careful I guess. I'm sure someone touching that bus wouldn't feel good, despite it not being technically connected to any power source.

Yeah that was my thought lol, definitely crispy.

I've seen induced charges here and there, but not unintentional ones out in the wild. That's very cool!

That's just a reminder for people to be careful I guess. I'm sure someone touching that bus wouldn't feel good, despite it not being technically connected to any power source.

I actually got bit on my elbow. It felt like touching a doorknob with a good static charge built up. However, unlike static, the induced voltage would just keep popping you! So it can hurt, but not really dangerous since there's no amperage. It wakes you up quickly though!

It's good to be reminded that electricity is nothing to mess with. Most of the time you can't even see it, and can kill you faster than you realize. I love my job, but I know it can end badly if I lose focus. But man, it sure beats working in a restaurant, and I did that for a long time!

Hmmm.....ye...no....ye....uhhhh...

Not so good.
Haha. It wasn’t hooked. The owners wanted us to come out and see what needed to be done to get some power on the building. Replaced the feeds on the 100amp service to get some power to work with at least

Haha. It wasn’t hooked. The owners wanted us to come out and see what needed to be done to get some power on the building. Replaced the feeds on the 100amp service to get some power to work with at least

I was gunna say...theres no way thats still in service. Haha

Back