PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out a Zinker Dogtooth! It's a great small wharnie like a Kershaw Leek!

I put up a sweet Wharncliffe blade you may want to try. I love a good Wharnecliffe also, check out the Tuyaknife Cebu. If you want to try a single blade flipper that opens on bearings.....

Hey buddy why don't you pick up the case toothpick here

CRKT Pazoda & Delegate, Case Toothpick @Pearly_Baker #5707 :thumbsup:
No pif required and case makes a nice product. I don't think the pull is to strong them if I recall. But maybe @Pearly_Baker
Can let you know .

Some great options out there right now, and that dogtooth looks nice! Going to give it a few more days of use and then might PIF for that Case and Delegate (with another nice blade shape) if it's still there. I really want to give a traditional a chance as I have some great memories of my grandpa and a great uncle on the farm carrying similar!
The draw of the more modern style flippers are hard to resist though. That Cebu is crazy looking with that space in the blade!

Some great options out there right now, and that dogtooth looks nice! Going to give it a few more days of use and then might PIF for that Case and Delegate (with another nice blade shape) if it's still there. I really want to give a traditional a chance as I have some great memories of my grandpa and a great uncle on the farm carrying similar!
The draw of the more modern style flippers are hard to resist though. That Cebu is crazy looking with that space in the blade!

@Andrew if I were you, I would try out a Case Copperlock and mini Copperlock and Rough Rider trapper, the RR's are only like $15. To me the Case Copperlock (both in clip point blade shape)large and small kinda hit the pinnacle of what a traditional pocket knife should be. This is outside of the GECs that have been bedazzled or so to speak, lol. Those are great knives but currently they're collector's pieces, trade fodder, pocket jewelry that are usually priced way beyond their worth. If you like moderns there's not that much of a need to keep too many traditionals as they're just there as secondary blades for when its not proper to whip out the fun modern stuff.

The traditional can just be kept as a "rotation option" for non offensive knife carry. For me I have whittled the traditional carry down to mostly saks. With the Alox Farmer, Cadet and Pioneer being the best of the bunch and best fit for most people. Generally if im not wearing a suit, I realy appreciate a pocket clip keeping my knife out of the way.

Its really tough going down both rabbit holes at the same time as it gets stupid expensive to do, lmao, as the fellas who have fallen down both paths know. It's going to take quite a while to chase down all of the moderns that you want to try. If you start with a budget of say $500 you can get like 4 or 5 solid moderns which can be traded out or sold for new stuff that will keep you occupied for a spell.

South paw draw South paw draw , just curious about the Pro Lite Sport you claimed a bit ago. You thought it would probably be catch and release, but haven't seen it back on the list. Did your daughter end up liking it?

She only got to use it for a few days. Then she headed out to Australia for vacation she will not be back for another 8 days. I want her to be able to use it for a few weeks before any decision is made.

Prolite Sport, eh? Great little knife after a bit of tweaking, if you ask me:IMG_5585.JPG

reA10J9.jpg

They lost me at “cheese grater”

Last edited:
Coyja Coyja you may want to remove the direct link as I think that would be considered posting a non-sponsoring website's link since it's to a knife-like product, being close to a SAK. It's borderline at best.

That's a pretty crazy device.

Coyja Coyja you may want to remove the direct link as I think that would be considered posting a non-sponsoring website's link since it's to a knife-like product, being close to a SAK. It's borderline at best.

That's a pretty crazy device.
I mean, if anyone’s buying that they deserve a warning more than I do.
Lol, I’ll replace it w a pic when I get a chance.

Finally found a micarta Ace Biblio, had to wade into Reddit to find one. What’s everybody else packing today?

YrpvlJ7_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back