Pistol/dagger project

Bruce -
You started this thread on May 1, about 4 months ago, and the main body was roughed out at that time. When did you actually start the project? Was this a full time effort? I think what I'm trying to ask is, how many manhours do you have in this project??

I don't have words to describe what an awesome project this has been, what a privilege it's been to watch it and how much of an inspiration it is to make me try harder.

Thanks for sharing,
Jacque

Thanks so much guys.
I like allot of pictures. This is the first thread that I could actually post any and all the images I wanted. Our Canon camera is a 7.2 mega pixel and takes some nice shots without going through photoshop. I do however run them through the "quick fix" on our computer when down loading them. I have a photoshop account thanks to my friend Larry Hensleys help.

SR Matt, The composite photos are from Jim Cooper and Bladegallery. It pays to have the higher end knives professionally photoed but they charge about $100-$150 for them so it doesnt make sense to invest that much in the lower priced knives. One advantage to having the photos done is they will submit a copy to 3 or more magazines.

that isnt a bad price at all though for that high end of photography
-matt

Bruce -
You started this thread on May 1, about 4 months ago, and the main body was roughed out at that time. When did you actually start the project? Was this a full time effort? I think what I'm trying to ask is, how many manhours do you have in this project??

I don't have words to describe what an awesome project this has been, what a privilege it's been to watch it and how much of an inspiration it is to make me try harder.

Thanks for sharing,
Jacque

I've had the main frame/blade forged for a couple years and just now decided to do something with it. Thats why there were no pictures as they went down with my last computer hard drive seizure.

Theres no way of knowing how many man hours I racked up on this one. I dont work on it every day as I have customer knives promised out at the same time. I know one thing, it was easier to make this than the folding pistol/knives.

My French friend decided to have me make one similar and downsized that folds so he can carry it. This one is hard to conceal. I will try to show some pictures of it as it progresses too.

Im glad you are inspired to work harder as that is one of my intents. People dont seem to push themselves hard enough to overcome some of the basics. If you just dont worry about how long a project takes and just concentrate on doing the best work you can, the results will be awesome. Procedures will soon become easier and faster.

I realize this is an old thread, but it deserve to be dredged up! This is one of the coolest WIPs I've ever seen and it shall see the light of day!

Thanks for the bump! Get it... Bruce Bump... thread bump...

This is an AWESOME WIP, I'm going to sit through and soak all of it in.

Hey, Wow, its nice to see this old WiP up on top again. It seems there are many newer makers that werent here the first time around. Thanks for looking guys!

Back