Pistol/dagger project

i had to say something about the wrench!....bruce....all u have to do is look at the fact that there is almost 20,000 views of his thread.....that really shows you how much people enjoy these threads and how amazing your work is....truly one of a kind piece....ryan

is coop gonna photograph it?

Coop should give it the final shot but may not because of the short time now. If I get to bring this back from Montana he is definately getting it in the mail.

I remember using that flocking in woodshop in highschool. Often wondered if it was still available and where.

Outstanding project with a very impressive outcome, it looks great!! Thank you for taking the time to document the entire process with us. I enjoyed watching it come together and learned a few things along the way. Can't wait for the next one!!! Now you need to fabricate a 'sheathster'. :D

You do everything else so well, why not engraving??

Really turned out amazing Bruce and thanks for posting this. Please post your project. I can't wait to see it.

Please don't shoot me, but I think damascus for a creation like this could be to much.
(or don't do the engraving)

I have a question about the stuff you use to line the box with, how does it hold up, I mean if the items in the box are taken out and put back in, a lot, will it wear out?

Please don't shoot me, but I think damascus for a creation like this could be to much.
(or don't do the engraving)

I have a question about the stuff you use to line the box with, how does it hold up, I mean if the items in the box are taken out and put back in, a lot, will it wear out?

It may depend on the damascus, patterning and how deep its etched as to whether its gawdy or not. Also if I have the engraving areas resisted from the etching they will show up better.
I may be doing one in "damasteel" so it wont rust when boarding pirate ships. :D The stainless damascus is not as wild usually.

This flocking process has stood the test of time well. Anything will wear out with enough use I suppose. I wouldnt use it for HD projects.

OK I promise this is the last picture I'm posting on this thread.
Bladegallery shot this in Montana. I think its good.
Bump_DaggerGun_Composite.jpg

I've enjoyed watching this project for the last 20 pages.
A simply amazing piece of work.
Bravo!

Bruce,

You don't have to stop posting photos on my account. They're a wonder to behold. Having in mind my non-professional status, I thought your photos were excellent. I like the recent posting of the pro-shot-composite-photo, but miss seeing the checking on the handle (whereas it was clear as a bell on your photo).

Thanks a million for going the distance in including all of us in this most amazing creation and creation making process!

All the best, Phil

are you doing your high end shots or you getting some one to do those? cause that photoshoping splice with the difference angles is great how ever you/whoever does that background splicing

-matt

Amazing. Really, I'll have to sit here while my brain wraps around this for a few minutes.

Bruce I cant say anything more to tell you how cool this project was, but please keep the pics coming.
Thanks Gordon

Thanks so much guys.
I like allot of pictures. This is the first thread that I could actually post any and all the images I wanted. Our Canon camera is a 7.2 mega pixel and takes some nice shots without going through photoshop. I do however run them through the "quick fix" on our computer when down loading them. I have a photoshop account thanks to my friend Larry Hensleys help.

SR Matt, The composite photos are from Jim Cooper and Bladegallery. It pays to have the higher end knives professionally photoed but they charge about $100-$150 for them so it doesnt make sense to invest that much in the lower priced knives. One advantage to having the photos done is they will submit a copy to 3 or more magazines.

Back