Please help me decide on the Chris Reeves knife type.

Wow.

I guess I should tell my 2001 small Sebenza that has been abused for all these years that it should have sat in a safe instead. :(

Oh and BTW, recently sent the small Sebenza back to CRK for a free spa treatment and it came back looking like it did when I first bought it way back when.

Them damn Sebenza’s ain’t worth a plug nickel. :rolleyes:
Sounds made up. I've owned several CRK, not impressed. It's all good though buy what you like.

I've had a bunch of small and large Sebbies, and a couple of Zaans. The "smalls" were just prettier with inlaid wood; other than that...they fall out of my hand. Get the large...be happy.
The grip width is about .400" on the small and perhaps .460" on the large...
With inlays, the widths will be greater...
Look on BladeHQ any time you want lots of good dimensions...

Sounds made up. I've owned several CRK, not impressed. It's all good though buy what you like.

What hard use task or F&F area did the CRK come up short in, that another knife of similar size and shape excelled at? I’m assuming you’ve disassembled and reassembled multiple times, and “hard used” your Sebenza(s) and had them fail, based on what you wrote.

Sounds like a bit of class envy if I'm being honest. I'm sure a lot of CRK's don't see hard use, but that's not the knives fault. The person who owns them decides if they're to be safe queens or not. I personally would use it like any other knife, but with the cost I understand why some wouldnt.

Sounds like a bit of class envy if I'm being honest. I'm sure a lot of CRK's don't see hard use, but that's not the knives fault. The person who owns them decides if they're to be safe queens or not. I personally would use it like any other knife, but with the cost I understand why some wouldnt.

I don't think it's class envy, I think it's just someone going out of their way to be a d-bag. I'm with you...if it was in my budget, I'd use it everyday...

I use my Inkosi like I would any other knife for every task that comes in front of me. I actually trust it more than some of my other EDC knives if I’m being honest. Large 21 Micarta would be next, and I trust it just as much :thumbsup:

If I wasn't happy with a purchase, why do it over & over again? Insanity perhaps? :confused:
I bought out a dealer years ago and picked up several reeve along with many other brands all the other brands were better made. The reeve were the least impressive. The thumb purchase is not sized properly, way too small especially on the small models. The blades are way too thin for anything except whittling and the ceramic ball wears the tang prematurely if you actually flick like a normal blade. The clip is terrible the only thing the keeps it from being the worst is it's not made in China. The only saving grace is the bushings.
Reeve needs to step up to making a real folder.

...all the other brands were better made.

Ok, I'll bite. What are these other brands? Also, which folder do you think is thee bees knees? And no, I'm not trolling or picking for an argument. I just like to expand my knowledge.

I bought out a dealer years ago and picked up several reeve along with many other brands all the other brands were better made. The reeve were the least impressive. The thumb purchase is not sized properly, way too small especially on the small models. The blades are way too thin for anything except whittling and the ceramic ball wears the tang prematurely if you actually flick like a normal blade. The clip is terrible the only thing the keeps it from being the worst is it's not made in China. The only saving grace is the bushings.

I can see that you're not a fan, but I think the stuff they make is considered real folders. I'm been carrying and using CRK's almost exclusively for years now, never had one not do the job it was designed to be.

Ok, I'll bite. What are these other brands? ....
I’d also like to see your list of all these other makes and models that you consider to be so superior to the CRKs and your specific, detailed descriptions of exactly what made them so superior in your opinion.

Everything you said is either completely subjective/user error or just false, lol. Waiting with bated breath to hear what you deem is a "real folder"

Also,

Guess there's a whole thread of made up (???) knives that get used :rolleyes:

I’d also like to see your list of all these other makes and models that you consider to be so superior to the CRKs and your specific, detailed descriptions of exactly what made them so superior in your opinion.
I already explained why crk is inferior why would I reiterate by explaining why others are superior, that's a long list. After owning pretty much an entire store of multiple brands I am confident in my opinions. I've said it before CRK fit and finish is quite nice but I would sacrifice that for function any day. As I said before buy what you like.

I already explained why crk is inferior why would I reiterate by explaining why others are superior, that's a long list. After owning pretty much an entire store of multiple brands I am confident in my opinions. I've said it before CRK fit and finish is quite nice but I would sacrifice that for function any day. As I said before buy what you like.
All we’re asking for is how you came to that conclusion, and what brands are better in your eyes. I’m interested to know as well.

Please help me decide- Sounds like a done deal to me. nOOb. Remember everybody was new once. I'm a nOOb. OO looks like owl eyes and we all know how smart a owl is.
Millions of posts seems to mean the person is now a pro. I do not own a CRK and doubt I ever will as everyone and their dogs own one. It is just a matter of choice and personal preference.

And no, I'm not trolling or picking for an argument.

You may not be, but "Airman" certainly is.

You say "buy what you like", yet you insist on continually calling CRK trash without any real reasons why.

So either post up your "multiple brands" experiences or go away................ Troll

Is your favorite knife a spyderco military? I'm carrying one now. Nice knife. Not on the level of crk though.

I've been doing this knife thing all wrong. It's not about the blade steel, materials, tolerances, f&f or $. It's all about the terrible pocket clips.
k6tEKEb.png

The funny thing is, all of my own CRKs are plain-jane models, with no inlays or etchings, etc. So to me, they wouldn't even qualify as 'safe queens'.

Anyway, my personal favorite CRK knives that I have now are my large 21 Insingo and small drop-point Inkosi. I prefer my small Inkosi to my small 21 Insingo; the latter feels less nimble in my hand than the Inkosi, even though the Inkosi is smaller.

Jim

Back