I prefer to carry an EDC...

• with a pocket clip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • without a pocket clip

• makes no difference to me

• Total voters
yes i prefer knives with clips, in fact i have zero interest in any folder with no clip, i struggled with buck 110's and gerber FS2's for probably 30 yrs and have no desire to go back to that BTDT.

A lot depends on the clip. Some get snagged or are more likely to mar the furniture than others. I just buy knives with the good ones and never have a problem :) .

I prefer pocket clips, but removable. If I for some reason don' t want people to notice my knife, I take the clip off, but generally, I use them.

For my Al Mar SERE or my Manix I prefer the clip because they are fairly large. I usually have a slipjoint in my pocket also.

Cannot stand having things rattling around loose at the bottom of my pocket. Therefore I always carry clipped tools. And since my preference is for a knife with a blade length greater than 4" it better have a clip. Benchmade VLF, Camillus CudaMaxx 5.5, Lonewolf Harsey Tactical T3, Cold Steel Vaquero Grande, etc. My Leatherman Charge is also carried clipped, as is my Surefire U2 flashlight. I have something clipped to each of the four pockets, and get no strange looks or comments. But then I wear black jeans all the time, and if the clip is not black when new, it soon will be!
My favorite is to stick black traction tape to the clip for an enhanced grip when handled. You can buy this really durable tape at Lowes of Home Depot.

Got to go,

SEE YA!
3.gif

I don't like them much. They hang up on stuff, yank the knife off, and if you're carrying an AO that doesn't lock closed, it's kind of interesting to hear your knife whack the ground and then snap open.

They are convenient for locating the knife in exactly one place (except when the clip catches on something), but they also are hard, and will scratch up vehicle paint and furniture.

I don't use them much anymore.

I definitely prefer carrying my EDC with a pocket clip. I haven't carried any knife without a pocket clip since '96. The only thing I need to be careful about is what pocket clip is on my back-up EDC, which rides in my rear right pocket; sometimes the clip will snag on furniture.

Yes, but tip-up only for me, please. I confuse easily and will wind up with a blade sticking in my foot if it's tip-down.

I like a pocket clip, but when I tuck in my shirt I prefer not to carry a knife clipped to the outside of my pants. Just an anal-retentive quirk from my time in the USMC I guess.

I prefer pocket clips on most knives. On thoswe without clips, I tend to think of how they would look/ handle with one.

I can't really answer because I only will carry tactical knives clipped but traditional knives and SAKs I love carrying in my pocket.

Thanks for all the responses. It find it interesting that the poll shows such a preference for clips. I thought it would be closer. I guess I'm not alone on the clip thing.

- Mark

Pocket clips really help me. Sometimes at my job I get alot of sand and dust in my pockets. It keeps my pivot cleaner to carry a tip up, clipped.

(Tip down leaves the pivot up collecting debris!)

My favorite carry method is pocket clip in the front pocket when I'm carrying a locking knife. My slippies just lay in my pocket.

Some situations will dictate whether or now I clip on my pocket or let it sit in the bottom of my pocket.

I voted for pocket clip, but the truth is most of my EDC knives are belt knives or hang from a strap on my belt into my pocket.

Andy

I chose "doesn't matter to me" as I EDC an Opinel No8, Case Swayback Jack, Benchmade 530, and a RAT RC-3. Out of the four knives on me on a daily basis only one has a clip. However, if I were to cut it down to one knife for daily carry it would be the 530 with the clip. It's very convenient to me, and is preferred on a piece I'm going to be constantly reaching for.

So both, and it does matter to me. :D

Back