• with a pocket clip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • without a pocket clip

• makes no difference to me

• Total voters
Sure glad I do not live in NYC. Heck clips are even legal in the UK,
on that one knife that Spyderco makes especially for that locale.
Why are they not legal in NYC, just curious?
icon_scratchhead.GIF

Because the law says, no knives in plain view

I definatly prefer a pocket clip! The only thing I carry regularly on my belt without one is a Leatherman Wave.

I really like a good pocket clip, but not on a slip joint. Slip joint in the back pocket and either a skeletool or lone wolf t2 in the front.

It really depends on the size of the knife. If I have my Lava, it fits sideways easy in the bottom of my pocket, so I will just leave it there. My Saver Salt and Rescue get clipped to my pocket because I find them too big in the pocket, even though they are light, they tend to be pretty wide because of the blade shape.

Pocket clip is the only way to carry here (it's concealed if it's not poking out a little). I like it with a pocket clip anyway. I use my knife at work something like 20 times a day, and have become quite used to sticking just my thumb in my pocket and pulling out a knife that way. A few times a year, I forget a knife, and end up grabbing empty air many times that day.

I prefer pocket clips. I'm probably a 70% pocket clip - 30% belt sheath guy.

Btw, if you are going to put a pocket clip on, you might as well make it 4 way to make everyone happy.

Absolutely, pocket-clip, for me! I went the Sodbuster route and the knife at times would slide right out of my pocket. Pocket clip. ;)

Pocket clips are a nice option but I remove mine and carry at the bottom of the pocket.

It depends on the knife, if it's larger with more weight I like the clip so my pockets don't bulge and sag; but if it's small, like a mini trapper, I don't need a clip.

Back