Poll: How much would you be willing to pay...?

How much would you be willing to pay for a CPK obstacle course style cutting competition blade?

• Total voters
Dang a 1k$! Folks :confused:, I’m sure y’all don’t play poker well!! :eek:o_O

I’m sure Nathan will charge a fair price either way. When he sells them for 750 I’ll be sure to charge everyone a 1k . Lol. :D

This should be fun to watch, I'm curious to see what yall come up with. I have a few designs in my head and one on paper of what my next KOD knife would look like when I make it, now that I have run the course.

Justin, yes... We have been doing the same thing. After extensive review of Austins experience, and watching the first and 2nd season over and over, we have drawn a few conclusions. To compete again, for either of us.... we feel we have a much better grasp of what we feel would be a great design. Working on design for a couple builds now. Would love to share some ideas back and forth with you.... PM sometime?

Justin, yes... We have been doing the same thing. After extensive review of Austins experience, and watching the first and 2nd season over and over, we have drawn a few conclusions. To compete again, for either of us.... we feel we have a much better grasp of what we feel would be a great design. Working on design for a couple builds now. Would love to share some ideas back and forth with you.... PM sometime?

Hi Brian, good to see you showing up :)

Any news on when Austin's episode should be airing?

Now I would love to run the course just to see how I faired ... and it looks like fun ...

now honestly I love the idea and look of blades being discussed but I would not get use enough from such a blade ...
but I think all of you putting thoughts together can come up with some incredible blades that would perform very well in such a competetion.

So even though I probably would not buy one I am looking forward to some sketches and mock ups or prototypes of some of these blades ... I think some of the most creative an innovated minds in knife making are sharing ideas right here and that to me is interesting ... and educational.

I'll be watching to see where it all goes! Good luck!

Heck ya call, always love to talk knives. Just seen your in Stover I live in Kearney,MO.

Dan and I have been working on his design over the past couple of weeks, trying to nail down everything on paper before we move to 3D

I drew this thing up before Dan submitted his design, and thought you all might get a bit of a laugh at this fugly chopmeister.

This is what came to mind as a spectator of the show. Dan's experience and knowledge will ultimately drive the development of the potential CPK KoD knife, which will be very different from what's pictured

The design we are working on is VERY DIFFERENT than the picture below
VsGVryz.jpg

ps. did I note that this doesn't look at all like what we're currently working on?

Just out of curiosity, did that tip get chopped off? Or was the squared off tip intentional? Will the finalized design potentially have a stabby tip? Thus far, the show hasn't had any obstacles that require the ability to stab, but if they did, anything without a tip would be at a significant disadvantage (OK, OK, I also just happen to like stabby tips on something the size of a short sword :p).

Screw the Show but the theme of this thread is about a CPK obstacle course pattern, therefore any such knife will not be a complete knife without a vicious yet fortified pointy tip, just like how Nathan knows how to bring knife tips to one singular and deadly focal point!

Dan and I have been working on his design over the past couple of weeks, trying to nail down everything on paper before we move to 3D

I drew this thing up before Dan submitted his design, and thought you all might get a bit of a laugh at this fugly chopmeister.

This is what came to mind as a spectator of the show. Dan's experience and knowledge will ultimately drive the development of the potential CPK KoD knife, which will be very different from what's pictured

The design we are working on is VERY DIFFERENT than the picture below
VsGVryz.jpg

ps. did I note that this doesn't look at all like what we're currently working on?
Well, hell, I like the chisel tip on that big bastard, a lot, actually. If you ever want to move forward with that design, Lorien, let me know, would be happy to help soak up some of the cost on that thing to have one, given you make the handle look a little less like a sex toy.

I think that some sort of tip can help with cutting into those hanging boxes. I’d guess that a sharp lower, front corner could do it. I keep wondering whether a powerful vertical cut through the side of the box and down through the bottom frame could blow the bottom off. I’m thinking something two handed like Dan’s Super Assassin Lite could do that fairly easily. What do you folks that have been there think? Feel free to correct my thinking.

Are we thinking two-hand option for this new design? Mike

Well, hell, I like the chisel tip on that big bastard, a lot, actually. If you ever want to move forward with that design, Lorien, let me know, would be happy to help soak up some of the cost on that thing to have one, given you make the handle look a little less like a sex toy.

I have it more or less properly drawn out, in addtion to the awesome cardboard model I made, and still intend to build it one day. I'm sure I know someone who'd be willing to make this thing for you, if you got the scrilla

this fugly sex toy has two points! Not stabby, but I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that steel tooth!
the top edge is intended to be a zero ground, chisel edge.

Mike, the pattern we're moving forward with features a very unique, two handed handle. It's a fuckin monster! I'm Igor to Keffeler's Frankenstein. Nate is the lightning bolt.

I have it more or less properly drawn out, in addtion to the awesome cardboard model I made, and still intend to build it one day. I'm sure I know someone who'd be willing to make this thing for you, if you got the scrilla

this fugly sex toy has two points! Not stabby, but I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that steel tooth!
the top edge is intended to be a zero ground, chisel edge.

Mike, the pattern we're moving forward with features a very unique, two handed handle. It's a fuckin monster! I'm Igor to Keffeler's Frankenstein. Nate is the lightning bolt.
Yeah, will have to PM you to continue the dialogue.

Back