POLL: What's the most awesomest airplane?

What's the most awesomest airplane?

• Total voters
What's the greatest aircraft ever made?

Furthermore, most if not all of the most badass ones use titanium in their construction. Bonus question: from which aircraft would you like to have a titanium knife made, if you had the chance?
SR71, A12 or Mig 25.
I have a commemorative medal made out a Pershing II and it's the lghtest metal I've ever seen. Possibly titanium.

Some of the STOL bush planes are pretty badass too.

faMjOu6.gif
I owe my iife several times over to the Twin Otter, and incredible bush pilots.

SR71; fastest airplane (except the A12), and absolutely awesome to see.
F15 ; the only fighter with a perfect air to air combat record and in its time a game changer
F22: the successor to the F15 which currently rules the skies
A10: if you need air support, it's the most beautiful fixed wing aircraft in the world, I am told

Honourable mentions have to go to the latest Sukhois which IMHO are the most beautiful planes in the air, certainly the most maneoverable with their full exhaust vectoring; B52, by far the longest lived front line aircraft if not weapons system ever, which literally scared the sh*t out of enemies, the B2 which is an absolutely incomparable bomber out of a science fiction movie that reminds me of the old flying wing, the Soviet/Russian Backfire bomber, simply because it's like a rough-hewn B1 on steroids, and I love the B1, and the Vulcan, which is the loudest scariest plane I ever saw or heard, complete with howl.

It's kind of like trying to pick the "best" blade steel. šŸ˜

SR71, A12 or Mig 25.
I have a commemorative medal made out a Pershing II and it's the lghtest metal I've ever seen. Possibly titanium.

Very cool. You could find out by getting the medal's displacement and then seeing how much it weighs. Titanium is roughly right in between steel and aluminum in mass density.

Last edited:
Looks like as of now, the SR71 is in front of the pack as the most awesomest airplane.

When my brother and I were growing up, we both built models. He did hot rod cars and I did war planes. They all ended up in model glue fires in the end. I remember my F-14 Tomcat the most. I made few mistakes on that one.

What's the greatest aircraft ever made?

Furthermore, most if not all of the most badass ones use titanium in their construction. Bonus question: from which aircraft would you like to have a titanium knife made, if you had the chance?

I'd want one made from a Sukhoi SU-27 (35).

When my brother and I were growing up, we both built models. He did hot rod cars and I did war planes. They all ended up in model glue fires in the end. I remember my F-14 Tomcat the most. I made few mistakes on that one.

I did an F14 also, when I was a kid. It had wings that could swing.

Another vote for the A-10 Warthog here ! Love those planes. They have saved the bacon of many an infantry soldier.

But let's be honest here.....All combat type aircraft are awesome. I used to volunteer every year for runway duty at Ramstein Air Base. I got to see so many cool planes and awesome pilots.

Back