POLL: What's the most awesomest airplane?

What's the most awesomest airplane?

• Total voters
BAC Lightning.
Two engines with two wings strapped on.
If you have seen one stand on its tail and climb, you would understand.
I was lucky enough to see one close up go for the world climb record from 0-60,000 Ft. Unbelievable is the only word to describe it!!
I was also lucky enough to see one of the last RAF displays back in '84.

Good choice! :)

Last edited:
Harrier Jump Jet, good enough to fight thousands of miles from home, flying from Aircraft Carriers and Container ships in the South Atlantic in the Falklands war, 1982.37cf8633430586f6f161770c07734aa9.jpg

Looks like I voted "other" in this thread a while back, but never explained, so I will now: A10. I have to say I'm a little shocked this flying tank/cannon was not in the list!

Some really cool aircraft in this thread, guys. I didn't even know about the BAC Lightning.

So far the SR-71 is way ahead in the poll as the most awesomest airplane, and not undeservedly.

my favourite is actually a chopper
1G52mkz.jpg

my favourite is actually a chopper
1G52mkz.jpg

Gonna have to say my favorite chopper is the Huey Cobra. I like how narrow they are.

CO77H2i.jpg

The Apache is probably the most awesomest though. The RAH-66 Comanche stealth helicopter would have taken the crown it it hadn't been canceled.

Gonna have to say my favorite chopper is the Huey Cobra. I like how narrow they are.

CO77H2i.jpg

The Apache is probably the most awesomest though. The RAH-66 Comanche stealth helicopter would have taken the crown it it hadn't been canceled.
Yeah I always liked the Cobra better than the Apache too. But if it was real, I'd take Airwolf!

Back