POLL: What's the most awesomest airplane?

What's the most awesomest airplane?

• Total voters
The F-86 Sabre easily. Arguably the pinnacle of gun-armed jet dogfighters and one of the finest aircraft before the advent of fly-by-wire and the primacy of beyond-visual-range air-to-air engagements.

A10. Because who doesn’t love “Brrrrrrrrrrttt!!!”?
__c6b05cef9afec0b10fc7a7b8336cafd8_width-600.jpeg

There’s so many to love, but it has to be the SR-71. The engineering they were doing was incredible and computers weren’t as helpful as they are today. The solution to get to Mach 3.2 was brilliant: bypassing the choked turbine inlet with 4th stage bleed from the compressor to the afterburner… so cool… and yet that was only one of several innovations they were coming up with in the 50’s.

Edit: are you telling me Frank has an SR-71 knife?!? (Or 4?!) Some guys have all the luck…

Last edited:
There’s so many to love, but it has to be the SR-71. The engineering they were doing was incredible and computers weren’t as helpful as they are today. The solution to get to Mach 3.2 was brilliant: bypassing the choked turbine inlet with 4th stage bleed from the compressor to the afterburner… so cool… and yet that was only one of several innovations they were coming up with in the 50’s.

Edit: are you telling me Frank has an SR-71 knife?!? (Or 4?!) Some guys have all the luck…

Who's Frank. :oops:😆

I always thought the B52 was a outstanding aircraft, although they use upgraded versions now! but the B1 also grate in it self both long rang bombers and carry large payloads ,BROVO USA. we make good stuff over hear .

I see they just upgraded the A-10 & are keeping it around for another 30 years. Finally, someone pulled their head out of their behind in the Government ! That doesn't happen very often.

P-61 Black Widow. Very innovative at that time and reading the stats, pretty amazing what that big plane could do. Looked pretty bad ass as well. Agree about the A-10 tho.

Back