POLL: What's the most awesomest airplane?

What's the most awesomest airplane?

• Total voters

Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
BAC Lightning.
Two engines with two wings strapped on.
If you have seen one stand on its tail and climb, you would understand.
I was lucky enough to see one close up go for the world climb record from 0-60,000 Ft. Unbelievable is the only word to describe it!!
I was also lucky enough to see one of the last RAF displays back in '84.

Good choice! :)

Last edited:

smudge58

Gold Member
Harrier Jump Jet, good enough to fight thousands of miles from home, flying from Aircraft Carriers and Container ships in the South Atlantic in the Falklands war, 1982. 37cf8633430586f6f161770c07734aa9.jpg

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Looks like I voted "other" in this thread a while back, but never explained, so I will now: A10. I have to say I'm a little shocked this flying tank/cannon was not in the list!

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Some really cool aircraft in this thread, guys. I didn't even know about the BAC Lightning.

So far the SR-71 is way ahead in the poll as the most awesomest airplane, and not undeservedly.

Lorien

my favourite is actually a chopper
1G52mkz.jpg

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
my favourite is actually a chopper
1G52mkz.jpg

Gonna have to say my favorite chopper is the Huey Cobra. I like how narrow they are.

CO77H2i.jpg

The Apache is probably the most awesomest though. The RAH-66 Comanche stealth helicopter would have taken the crown it it hadn't been canceled.

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Gold Member
Gonna have to say my favorite chopper is the Huey Cobra. I like how narrow they are.

CO77H2i.jpg

The Apache is probably the most awesomest though. The RAH-66 Comanche stealth helicopter would have taken the crown it it hadn't been canceled.
Yeah I always liked the Cobra better than the Apache too. But if it was real, I'd take Airwolf!